PDA

View Full Version : Day Five - so disappointed

Carina
29-08-12, 07:44
It's day five and I haven't slept or ate anything substantial since before I started these tablets.

I just have this massive weight on my chest. I feel so bad today that I've had to call in sick to work. I'm so disappointed in myself. I can't bring myself todo anything and I just seem to rocket between feeling miserable and having panic attacks. Nothing makes sense anymore, nothing's fun or interesting. I keep wanting to make big future-altering decisions and I know that that's a terrible idea.

I can't even cry. I'm so upset.

Lesley anne
29-08-12, 08:28
Thinking of you, I had similar experience with citalopram, now on Prozac. Even these are taking their time . I've been on them for nearly three weeks now. Hang in there!!! Take care.

Sparkle1984
29-08-12, 08:53
Hi Carina, 5 days is still early and I felt bad for the first few days too and had to take time off work. It should start to improve soon, so hang on in there! :hugs:

andreas
29-08-12, 09:00
I remember the first day I took Citalopram I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up and had to lie down most of the afternoon! Stick with it for a couple more days and then see your doctor if it isn't getting any better.

little scientist
29-08-12, 09:34
Carina, its early days for any SSRI, I have always been advised it can be up to 12 weeks to see an effect (although I personally tend to see something within a few weeks :) )

miles200
29-08-12, 09:52
I'm on day 9 and still haven't felt any effect really. Had one good day but back to feeling really anxious and so rough in the mornings. Stick in there lets hope it starts to work soon !! :)

Miles x

Carina
29-08-12, 17:23
Thanks guys. Went back to the doctor today and she gave me valium to use in emergencies, like when I literally cannot make myself sleep or having really bad panics.

Sparkle1984
29-08-12, 17:56
Thanks guys. Went back to the doctor today and she gave me valium to use in emergencies, like when I literally cannot make myself sleep or having really bad panics.

Yeah, I think it's called diazepam, I was given that as well but I haven't had to use it yet.