PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I am going to fall down

purplepie
29-08-12, 18:52
I have been suffering panic/anxiety for 10 years and now on top of that some depression of the agitated variety. Some of the panic symptoms have changed over time but today I got a feeling I haven't had in a long time. I felt a bit anxious all day and this afternoon I drove to the supermarket with my Mum. When I got out of the car and started to walk towards the entrance, I thought I can't do it, I can't walk, I am going to fall down or feel faint any moment, I carried on and felt it again seconds later.
I managed the 15 mins we were in there, but then didn't want to carry the bag with bottles in it just in case I panicked and dropped them - I feel so disheartened as I haven't had this symptom for so long and it scared me. Some of the other symptoms, like not being with it, foggy head etc I am used to a bit and know I will come to no harm, but the walking one just freaks me out.
Anyone else have this?
It is so disheartening and just makes me want to cry, I am so fed up with the daily battles. I try so heard to go with it and accept what I have but when it impacts on your life, you are just existing not living.:weep:

Annie0904
29-08-12, 19:00
I have experienced the same and yes it is an awful feeling. Try to think of it as just a little blip...think positive, You got to the supermarket and managed the shopping. These feelings do come when we are least expecting them and are scary. It happened to me once in a motor way service station car park and I just sat down on the ground (in the rain!) and told my husband I couldn't go on with the journey...he had to check us into the motorway hotel for the night. The next morning I was fine again. It sounds funny when I think about it now but it wasn't at the time! :hugs:

ElizabethJane
29-08-12, 19:56
If there is somewhere to sit down then sit and put your head between your knees. It will certainly help this faint feeling. I used to (and still do) feel as if someone is pushing down on my head in a crowd causing me to feel faint. I have never fainted after feeling like this. I hope you feel better soon. EJ

purplepie
30-08-12, 10:26
Thanks for you both for your words of suppport, I am going through a very strange time in my life, trying to work on 10 years of anxiety and on top of that I split with my partner last year and it's still so painful. I am with someone else now but I know in my heart that the love of my life is gone. A break up on top of anxiety is horrid. On top of that I am not a tablet taker and have had to try something, I don't like the side effects of tablets and I can't say I feel good on them. No wonder all these strange symptoms are happening. I am waiting on psych appt next couple of months, so I am hoping they will help.

BigDaz
02-09-12, 12:37
I had a similar situation a few years ago, I had to sit on the pavement. I didn't react well and led to about 6 months of severe anxiety. So getting around the supermarket you coped a hell of a lot better than I did :)