PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

rachael t
29-08-12, 20:20
Does any one lose there weight and appetite with anxiety im thinking it could be just anxiety and nothing serious ive lost 9pounds in 2 wks

Ribbit
29-08-12, 20:39
If I go through a particularly bad anxious spell whereby I am constantly anxious for an extended period of time I always lose weight and begin to look gaunt and unwell. My doctor said it is fairly common for this type of mental stress to take its toll on the body.

If you need extra reassurance go to the doctors but I know it affects me in this way, and I eat like a horse by the way x

Anxious_gal
29-08-12, 21:14
Anxiety can cause weightloss, it affects your appetite, your heart rate tends to be higher, your muscles more tense, you might find it hard to relax or to be still.
I lost Over a stone 2 years ago I think and I've not yet put it all back on.
I've counted calories so even though. It feels like I'm eating a lot, I'm not getting enough calories.

kittikat
29-08-12, 22:01
I think it's fairly normal. I lost over a stone in less than 3 weeks, had lots of tests done but all came back clear....doc said it was just the anxiety.

Just keep an eye on it and make sure it stabalises, mine has now so I am not worried and I know I am eating less due to low appetite anyway.

Kitti :)

rachael t
30-08-12, 03:30
Thank you i no this sounds gross but does it affect anyones bowell movements

Tyna Scott
30-08-12, 06:04
i aslo think that it will effect on the movements of bowell...
:)

matrix123
03-09-12, 09:56
Yes definitely you can loose weight. I had a spell when didn't have much appetite, but still forced myself to eat regularly. I would stay most of the time in bed and still lost 4-5kg in a few weeks. After starting meds and calming down a bit, I put the weight back...

chloevictoria
03-09-12, 10:36
Yeah definitely. When I was going through exams and things I completely lost my appetite and lost 7 pounds in about a week or so. I am now eating fine but because anxiety speeds up your metabolism, it's often quite difficult to put it back on :( I began to realise my muscles were always tense and my shoulders were hunched up, and once I started to relax a bit more my appetite came back and I didn't get as many panic attacks :) it came back gradually though, so don't worry if it doesn't come back instantly :)