PDA

View Full Version : Ive had a sucessful day!!!!

sarah
31-05-04, 17:44
Hiya all

Just had to post and tell you about my day as im dead pleased with myself!!!...LOL

Last week my hubby suggested going to london on the train for the day. I assumed we were going to oxford street for a look round the shops which I was nervous about but willing to give it a go.

This morning he tells me he wants to go to camden market first which sent me in a tizz as its somewhere I havent been for years and im not keen on crowded markets either.

Well we set off at 10 this morning and I felt awful, I felt like we were constantly on trains and tubes and altogether we took 2 trains and 6 tubes, got stuck in 2 tunnels, trains making nasty clonking noises (as they do but I was immediately in a state of high alert...lol).

Hubby tried to have a joke with me and didnt get off one of the tubes with me and stood there in the doorway saying I would be ok on my own so like a lemon I stood there on the platform wondering what the heck I was going to do and the little sod jumped off just before the doors closed and told me he wouldnt have left me - it was a joke to which like a muppet I burst into tears..lol.

Anyway, despite all the drama and the fact that I hate tubes, trains, markets, shops, people...(is there anythng I do like???....lol) I made it for the whole day and ive just got home.

I bought some gorgeous new sunglasses for £5 in the market and hubby bought me some lovely new shoes (which im prancng round in now) in oxford street for doing well so im on a high now!

Weve got friends just come round for a BBQ so a good end to a sucessful day I think.

Anyway, had to share this with you guys to let you know that even a massive panic nut like me can do it so you can too :D

Take care all and I hope you have all had a great bank holiday too!!!!!:D

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

imported_n/a
31-05-04, 17:51
hey hi sarah,,,
nice 1 mate,,
wow i would be so so so pleased with myself i would want to tell everyone..,,

xxxdarrenxxx

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

jo-jo
31-05-04, 17:57
Hi Sarah

Great to hear your success story, so glad you enjoyed your day in the end and are feeling a great sense of achievement.

Jo xx

sadie
31-05-04, 18:11
Hi Sarah,

Just think If you keep this up..you could be like Amelda Marcos (sorry possibly wrong spelling!!).

Well done for coping so well and I hope you have a lovely BQ.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
31-05-04, 19:14
Hey Sarah

Well done you!!

I haven't mastered trains and tubes yet so you are doing so well!

Have a lovely BBQ and I hope that the high lasts the rest of the day too.

Great news and so pleased that Steve supported you through it all.

xx

Nicola

Meg
31-05-04, 19:20
Excellent news Sarah- what a very successful day indeed .

Congratulations

Meg

sarah
01-06-04, 21:25
Thanks guys

Im still on a high today and went shoping in croydon with my mum and finally got myself a gorgeous pinky/lilac suit to wear for my cousins posh wedding on saturday (its only taken about 8 shopping trips to find me something but at least ive had shopping practice...lol).

take care
Love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
01-06-04, 21:32
Sarah

Even shopping is therapy isn't it? All those shops, crowds and queues.

I bet you will look gorgeous as ever.
xxx

Nicola

stimpy
01-06-04, 23:57
Well done Sarah !

What an achievement.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

apm
02-06-04, 14:00
Hurrah for you, Sarah! Great stuff indeed!!

Keep it up!

Alex.
xxx

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

Meg
02-06-04, 14:46
and you dealt with each shop assistant and her till....

Well done Hon.

Meg

sarah
06-06-04, 21:45
Hi all

Its me again :D

Well yesterday was the day of the dreaded wedding (my cousins not mine...lol)I was so worried that I would make an idiot of myself in front of my family. We arent close to each other and they are the 'rich' side of the family...loads of accountants, lawyers, city traders etc.

I havent seen most of then since my wedding nearly 3 years ago (pre-panic) and have avoided 2 family functions since because I couldnt handle it. (none of my family apart from immediate know anything about my panic stuff etc)

Well after all the worry about the day and the many shopping trips with mum to buy the perfect outfit I neednt have worried. I was FINE FINE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a tiny whiff of nerves right before the ceremony and despite the fact that steve and I were on a table with no one we knew, only a load of people who did the above mentioned careers of which I know nothing about, even that was fine - steve talks enough for the both of us...lol
They all went round the table asking us who we were and what we did so I told them I was a 'lady of leisure who often did lunch with the girls!!!' wow am I a good liar ;)
Anyway, turns out they were all really jealous and assumed we had bags of money that I didnt need to work..little did they know eh but it was fun pretending for the day :D

Anyway..mission accomplished sucessfully and looking foreward to another cousins wedding in December.
WOW!!! did I just say LOOKING FOREWARD? [:0]

take care
Love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
06-06-04, 21:59
Hey Sarah

I can just see you sitting there saying "I am a lady of leisure" lol. At least you didn't clam up or pretend to be something you weren't.

Well done you for doing it and no anxiety too - nice one.

Nicola

pips
07-06-04, 23:08
Well done Sarah

Big pats on the back to you!

Keep up the good work!

Take care

Love Pipsxx

sal
07-06-04, 23:30
Hi Sarah

Well done mate. See we can do what those normal people do. Hope the sun stays out for those glasses!!!!!! (well apart from when im at work this weekend LOL!!!! Only joking. And you got shoes for doing so well. You deserve it hon. Keep it up and next time you have BBQ dont forget us LOL

Sal xxxx

Meg
08-06-04, 13:44
Sarah, Glad it went soo well .

Its been a good few weeks for you out and about.
Congratulations

Meg

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone