PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/sadness worse after 5pm? WHY -_-

Littlehelper123
29-08-12, 20:43
Does anyone else find that their anxiety and depressive symptoms are worse at night ? During the day i'm chirpy , bubbly, and in the mood but at night i am the opposite =(

any tips? does anyone else get this? x

Annie0904
29-08-12, 20:51
Mine is worse first thing on a morning. Could be that you are more tired on a night? I wake up tired and anxious but if I have a tiring day it can be worse on an evening as well.

BobbyDog
29-08-12, 21:24
I am the same, with me it is because I am less mobile in the evening and have more time to ruminate. My anxiety raises its ugly head.

Littlehelper123
29-08-12, 22:04
awww okay - I'm going back to the GP tomorrow just for a check up. I'm gonna see if theres anything I can take at night or something. He told me to read the book Mind Over Mood so i might give that a go! thanks =) xxx

amh93
29-08-12, 22:20
Im the complete same My anxiety is so much worse at night, during the day I'm normally fine and happy. I have chronic insomnia because of it :/

Zingything
29-08-12, 22:36
I tend to be more anxious first thing in the morning and also in the evening, specifically when it gets dark as I feel quite isolated and sad sometimes.

Littlehelper123
29-08-12, 22:39
I think thats the same as me Zingy - i'm wondering whether it's a form of S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) a lot of people have said that the darker nights and mornings can cause it x

Zingything
29-08-12, 23:03
Possibly yes I'd not thought of that littlehelper, thanks x. It's not a nice feeling as you know, and I don't feel that way every day, but my mood noticably changes at night and funnily enough at weekends too.

Littlehelper123
29-08-12, 23:16
I'll let you know how i get on at the drs tomorrow - he was gonna get me to go and have cbt but to be honest i might just go privately now as having to wait 4 weeks between appointments due to them being busy is ridiculous now! So good to know im not alone. Do you get negative thoughts at night too?xx

BobbyDog
30-08-12, 06:17
awww okay - I'm going back to the GP tomorrow just for a check up. I'm gonna see if theres anything I can take at night or something. He told me to read the book Mind Over Mood so i might give that a go! thanks =) xxx

Try a SAD lamp, I have got one for the darker days and long nights.:yesyes: