PDA

View Full Version : wanting to hide

Cats make it better
29-08-12, 23:25
Do you ever just feel like tucking yourself away in your room for a few days to just lay there and cry? That is how I am feeling today. I would really like to just "quit my life" for a few days. Just do nothing. I get this way a lot. I feel overwhelmed and under appreciated and I just want to stop everything. :weep:

Lesley anne
30-08-12, 02:02
:hugs: I know that feeling!!! I call it my duvet days. I have one then make sure I am up and about the next day. Take care.

Clarinha
30-08-12, 09:26
Oh yes, totally know what you're talking about! It's hard to deal with anxiety, and there are good days and crap days. Today I had a crap day, decided to walk a different way to work, took about 10 minutes longer than the normal route and took me down some quiet residential street, all of a sudden, had this really uncomfortable feeling of loneliness and being isolated, felt really scared and eventually had a short panic attack. Did manage to get myself to work (was drenched in sweat obviously and really really tired by that point). Felt extremely down because hadn't had a panic attack in ages and just wanted to go home, roll into a ball and cry! Managed to stay put and get through the day but very difficult to keep on focusing on how far I've come rather than on the setbacks I experience. So in short, YES, can totally relate and so wish I had a cat to make it all better :)

swgrl09
30-08-12, 12:42
I have those days too. Take a "mental health day" (thats what we used to call it) and do nothing!

Donny
30-08-12, 14:35
Yes. Been there quite a few times.

Try not to see them as a failure or giving in. They are just what we need to do sometimes.

meche
30-08-12, 14:41
I get days like that but I'm always up and about doing something. I feel guilty if I lie around doing nothing although it's what I really want to do. I usually end up either feeling better which is good or crappier... not so good!

I've vowed that next time I'm having an off-day, I'm going to be lazy and do sweet FA. As swgrl09 says; I'm taking a mental health day - I like that! xx