PDA

View Full Version : Anxious Aussie

skw1208
30-08-12, 09:58
Hi all, I am new here and stumbled across this site googling my symptoms (seems to be a common thing!) I have extreme health anxiety and fear of dying at the moment...brought on by a range of recent life events. I have had two back to back miscarriages, lost a long time family pet and an uncle all within the last ten months. Not surprisingly I have been battling some depression but out of the blue I have developed this crippling anxiety. I constantly feel sick, have knots in my stomach, stress non-stop in my head, been getting headaches, skin rashes and having digestion/bowel issues because I am so highly strung. It's awful and I don't want to live like this anymore! I was inspired by some of the advice on both the forum here and the articles so hoping I can find some peace from this terrible beast! Looking forward to getting chatting with people who are experiencing similar things :)

nomorepanic
30-08-12, 10:08
Hi skw1208

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

purplepie
30-08-12, 10:30
Hi there, I am quite new to this site also and there isn't anything that your going through that someone on here hasn't already been through or is going through. I am suffering what the doc is calling agitated depression, similar to you, you have anxiety and can't seem to relax but are depressed and can't be bothered all at the same time. The symptoms of anxiety are vast and they all add to more anxiety because you are constantly wondering why you feel that way.
Are you taking any medication or seeing a counsellor?
Sending you a hug across globe:hugs:

Annie0904
30-08-12, 10:40
You have gone through a lot recently and this has increased your anxiety. I had miscarriages myself so know how difficult this can be to cope with. Anxiety is the most awful feeling but you can overcome it. when it is so bad you don't feel that it will ever go away but you can learn coping strategies. CBT helped me but it still comes back when I am in stressful situations (like now, when I have fractured my foot).

skw1208
30-08-12, 10:50
Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome. Purplepie, I am seeing a counsellor which is helpful but find the time in between the sessions is really hard. I am not on meds at the moment but will investigate this if these symptoms dont abate in the near future. The anxiety is really starting to interfere with my work.
Annie, thank you for your understanding of what I've been through. People who haven't had a miscarriage just dont get what it's like - the complete and utter devastation and feelings of failure. It's such a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. You're right though. You can get a handle on anxiety and then it rears its ugly head whenever something else bad happens. Looking back on my life I can now identify that I have had extreme anxiety during all my past stressful times - I just never knew what it was or how to go about
handling it. Sometimes just being able to give it a label is helpful and the first step to recovering. I just want to feel calm and happy again.

Annie-pannie
30-08-12, 10:57
I agree with you Anxious Aussie - being able now to label what is wrong does give us the 1st step to addressing our problems.
Like you I am new to this site too and I hope we both start finding some peace :)