PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time breathing!

Cats make it better
30-08-12, 13:07
I don't know why, but for some reason, I am having an especially hard time breathing this morning. Not sure if it's an anxiety attack or what!? I start focusing on my breathing and it seems to get really bad. I feel like the air is trapped in my lungs and it takes a lot of effort to get it out! I also feel like I can't take a deep breath, like I can't catch my breath. It is freaking me out. I'm not sure if it's some kind of asthma attack, or if I am having an anxiety attack because I have been focusing on my breathing too closely... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it can't be COPD or emphasema because I don't smoke and i'm only 26! Ah!:scared15:

Donny
30-08-12, 14:29
It is an anxiety attack.

The only way it will get easier to breathe is try not to think about it.

Now before you say what a bloody idiot; I know what its like. have done for the past 4 years. Try and do anything which will distract from you paying attention to your breathing.

Housework, tv radio pc games xbox.

Rach29
04-09-12, 22:36
Hi I really feel for you with this one the worst anxiety symptom in my opinion I have it most days its scary but it is coz were too focused on it so try to distract yourself as much as you can its just anxiety so try to keep calm it passes the most that will happen is either you feel lightheaded,dizzy,feel tingly but it always passes hope your ok :)

xBettyBoopx
04-09-12, 23:43
I don't know why, but for some reason, I am having an especially hard time breathing this morning. Not sure if it's an anxiety attack or what!? I start focusing on my breathing and it seems to get really bad. I feel like the air is trapped in my lungs and it takes a lot of effort to get it out! I also feel like I can't take a deep breath, like I can't catch my breath. It is freaking me out. I'm not sure if it's some kind of asthma attack, or if I am having an anxiety attack because I have been focusing on my breathing too closely... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it can't be COPD or emphasema because I don't smoke and i'm only 26! Ah!:scared15:

I know exactly how you're feeling, this is my worse fear and worse anxiety symptom. I was told to focus on the out breath, then hold for a few seconds, then breathe in. It does help.

xBettyX

Cats make it better
05-09-12, 23:24
Thanks for all of the support everyone!