PDA

View Full Version : feels like i cant get enough air into my lungs

Bradguin121
30-08-12, 16:52
For the last 2 days Iv'e been feeling like I cant fill my lungs completely with air. It feels like something is stopping it from being filled with air, right at the bottom of my lungs. It's also quite painful on one side. My normal breathing is fine, its just when i take deep breaths. When I yawn it feels like iv filled them right up with air, and after Iv'e sneezed, I feel relieved. Its been happening all day the last two days, and it really sucks! The thing that I don't get is that I haven't been worrying or stressed...so I don't get why its doing it all of a sudden. It gets worse at work when im more active.

Has anyone else had this happen to them..?

sydno
30-08-12, 20:27
when I am especially anxious I get that feeling-like I can't quite take a deep breath and fill my lungs so I find myself yawning all the time. It may sound like a stupid question but do you have asthma? I find relief if I lie down and take slow deep conscious breaths, keeping one hand on my low belly and the other on my chest and try to get my belly to rise and fall with my breath instead of my chest (if that makes sense?) hope you are feeling better soon!

Bradguin121
30-08-12, 20:54
Iv never been told I have asthma, so as far as i know i dont have asthma. I find that i can take deep breaths fine when im laying down. Its so weird!