PDA

View Full Version : Im driving my doctor nuts! lol Please read

lisak789
31-08-12, 03:19
I think with the amount of doctor visits that I had this year I must of paid off my doctors house, mortgage, daughters collage! haha. I went to him yet again yesterday with the breast pain concern. i dont know why I cant believe the tons of doctors that I have seen that I do not have cancer. They are already asking me what would assure me that I do not have cancer and I think the answer would be when my breast pain goes away. I went on the breastcancer.org website and lots of the ladies said on there that they felt pain and that was the breast cancer. I am so scared, dont know what would make me feel better. I have it in my head that i am dieing and its cancer and thats it. How can I get it that my doctor would not just let me die, and if I had cancer or suspected it then he would have me helped as soon as possible. What can I do.

Lesley anne
31-08-12, 03:35
Hi there, I totally get how you feel. I'm from Scotland and I have an appt, yet again later on today re my health anxiety. I feel like a train wreck!! Why we become fixated on a particular illness or situation is unclear, but something triggers it off. Have you had some breast screening tests just to show you that all is clear?? Would that help you?? I'm going to ask my gp today about things as I am no longer sleeping the correct way and I am soooo tired but can't sleep anymore than two hrs at a time. Good luck n will post again. Take care of yourself!!

lisak789
31-08-12, 03:49
Hi! Yes I have had all the screenings except for an MRI scan and I even had a biopsy and everything has been good. But I just have had this breast pain for seven months and though it's not getting worse it's not getting better either. Why we do this to ourselves I don't know.

Lesley anne
31-08-12, 04:00
I ended up in hospital once with unknown upper abdominal pain, real to me but there was no medical reason for it. I don't know if it's just stress and anxiety that makes me go a bit health anxious but it is frightening. I try to distract myself but that works sometime, not all of the time. My partner thinks im bored and need to mentally challenge myself again. Finished uni in 2011 but then my mother died suddendly. I'm sending you big hugs, please take care of yourself and talk again:hugs:

diane07
31-08-12, 07:37
Health anx is a difficult one and normally after you stop fixating on one problem, you move to another, the way i dealt with this was constantly telling myself that i could get to 85 and never have had any of the problems and fears i thought i was going to have and how annoyed i would be for wasting all those years focusing on something i never got.

I don't suffer with health anx anymore but i do understand how debilitating it can be, my son has it and every day i constantly have to reassure him that he is not having a heart attack, i try to steer him away from constantly going the docs, my heart does go out to him and anyone else who suffers.

Instead of focusing on the "what ifs" try to constantly tell yourself that you have been checked out and believe what the doc says............easier said than done, i know.

If you constantly tell yourself you have something, then your mind will believe it.

I do feel for you.

di xx