PDA

View Full Version : Hi new to site, palpitations

ashley1991
31-08-12, 12:57
Hi guys im new to the site and sharing my story and hoping for some advice along the way. So i'm 21 and have been getting heart palpitations for about 5 years they seem to be getting worst. They come in episodes like i will have them everyday for 2 weeks then none for a couple weeks. I have had tests on my heart the doctor says its fine and prescribed me medication that slows my heart rate. I find i get them after eating as soon as i have woken up, when im going to sleep and sometimes inbetween. They can be really worrying at times and i feel my hearts not beating to fast but irregular.

Is it normal to get them my age? and how can i start trying to not get them. Really affecting my life, when i have them i don't want to leave the house or do anything even though i know they are nothing to worry about.

Thanks for reading guys :)

dazzadoo123
31-08-12, 13:09
hi there ive had eposodes of palpertations many time myself there
horrid i understand where your coming from :-( are you on beta blockers and if so what one and mg like every day as im on propranlol 40mg 2-3 times day
i usualy take them twice day unless im having really bad day like ..i too have
had few heart tests that havent really showed up anything like ? i think
palpatations are quite common for anxiety sufferers like i too am maybe like you aswell i dont go out much anywhere due to my high levels of anxiety and ive found ive gone bit agraphobic aswell now due to all the staying in but i no i need to bread this awefull cycle of anxiety and depression as i have 2 young kids and well in honesty ive been rough this time around since december 2011 before that i was o.k for couple years but for some reason it all hit me like steam train in dec :-( just wanted to say i feel your pain and your not alone out there god bless
regards dazza..

ashley1991
31-08-12, 13:12
Hi thanks for the reply im on propranolol i take 20mg twice a day but it don't seem to do anything. Sorry to hear that you have the same problem it can get really worrying hopefully we can get over them soon.

casswhite
01-09-12, 22:28
Hello :-)

I first started with palpitations when i was 11 now 30 they didn't seem to bother me until i got anxiety which has made my palpitations worse. Im on propronolol but most of the time doesn't feel like they are working. Its one of those things that we all get told your hearts fine and you just need to ignore it, but it is easier said than done!!.

All i can say is that your not on your own with this, just reading these forum's i can't beleive how many people suffer the same.

Take care and im sure we will get through it. x