PDA

View Full Version : GP visit / Globus

Harrison Chase
31-08-12, 16:01
I finally managed to get an appointment with my own GP yesterday.

He's a really nice guy and I have a lot of trust in him .

I had wrote down a list of all my worries and gave it to him.

He spent a long time explaining my worries were all down to STRESS & ANXIETY !!.

He also went through my blood test results and why I should'nt be worried.

I left the surgery feeling like a huge weight had been lifted .
The one thing that hasn't gone though is this 'lump in the throat / globus sensation'.

My Dad died of Esophageal cancer and I think I am obssessing over the food going down , thinking it is going to get stuck . ( It never does , but my throat seems narrorwer because of the globus and I can feel it more ).
This is making me panic.

The guy couldn't have done more to put me at ease , yet 24 hours later I am sat here worrying again.

I feel like I am losing the plot !.

Annie0904
31-08-12, 16:14
Just remind yourself of what your doctor told you and trust him. :hugs:

Harrison Chase
31-08-12, 17:41
I keep reminding myself , but can't seem to calm down ( which I know makes it worse ).
I just wish I could stop worrying xx

Annie0904
31-08-12, 17:51
I know what you mean, it is really hard to do sometimes and the daft thing is I can advise and reassure others but I worry about everything myself. It would be so easy if we could just turn the worry button off! try to do something to distract you :hugs:

Harrison Chase
31-08-12, 19:08
You are right .

I'm finding it hard to concentrate on stuff at the moment though.

Bizarrely , I went to the cinema today - I manage to follow the plot and worry about my throat at the same time !. x

Louise36
02-09-12, 10:34
I'm having this very same thing and alternating between oesophageal c and throat c. It's totally understandable that you are focusing on that as your father died from it, but I imagine your father choked on his food and had other symptoms than you have??? I am not choking on food, but like you feel like the whole area is tight and I have tge sensation of food sticking in my oesophagus. I went to see a private gastro doc who did a scope on me just under 2 years ago. He told me there was 0 chance it was cancer and reassured me etc and yet like you a few days later I am still worrying about it... The problem is that we don't trust anyone and only want to believe what our heads tell us...