PDA

View Full Version : Hi

jo-jo
31-05-04, 18:11
Hi my name is Jo and I've just realised I've done something a bit naughty - I posted a new topic before introducing myself properely - sorry[}:)]

I've been suffering panic attacks for over 3 months now and as a psychology student I recognised straight away what they were - not that it has helped my deal the symptoms any better! I've had hoped that my attacks would go away after my final exam which was on Friday but they seem to have got worse not better. Also I'm getting married in Vegas in 3 weeks time so its all go and the worst possible time for me to be feeling so bad. I have a hen night next Saturday and am so worried that I'll end up bolting if I start to feel anxious - my worst symptom is feeling nauseous and once I've had a panic attack, the feeling tends to hang around for ages.

Not sure if anyone else has found this but after a couple of days wallowing in self pity feeling nauseous for most of time in anticipation of my next attack, I decided to get out and do something physical today seeing the sun was out - I took my 2 dogs Holly and Jazz (Weimaraners) for an extra long walk early this morning and then spent this afternoon painting the garden fence with my fiance Steve - and actually feel a lot better for it.

Best wishes to everyone and I look forward reading your postings

Love Jo xxx :)

Meg
31-05-04, 19:12
It's not naughty at all. It's just that not everyone looks all the way through all the posts.

Meg

sadie
31-05-04, 19:13
Hi Jo,

Welcome to this site. You will meet lots of people who understand how you are feeling and offer their support. Have a good read on all the information on the main page as they will give you good tips on how to cope when panic strikes.

You said you felt better today when you went out a walk with your dogs...that just goes to show that when you keep yourself occupied and busy, the symptoms of panic dont present themselves. The key is to keep living your life and keep your mind busy and not to think about 'what if' this happens etc.

Keep in touch.:D

sadie

gingerone
31-05-04, 20:24
hi joe
i am christina i had my first panic attack last week and it is the worse thing in the world i am willing to help you and i know just what you are feeling xx

c j giff

Meg
31-05-04, 22:48
Hi Jo,

Overload induced panics will only recede once your system has had a chance to recuperate and the pressure has gone so whilst the exams are over, the wedding still looms and is causing consternation.

I would recommend you get yourself on some good Vit B supplements and keep the exercise up, alternating with the odd relaxation CD .

Maybe read First steps in the introduction section.

Good luck.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

jo-jo
02-06-04, 08:13
Hi everyone and thanks for your replies.

Just goes to show how stress can trip the panic switch - my partner and I moved into our new flat yesterday and all day I felt more and more on edge and then - no surprise - panic attack later on! I really have never been so frightened in all my life, they seem to be coming fast and furious at the moment and its hard to see a way out.

I have an interview for a masters degree this morning so that probably isn't helping - hopefully I should have cheered up afterwards. Going to book myself a nice massage to aid a bit or relaxation. Don't know if anyone else is the same but I find it really hard to relax and always have, even before the panic attacks so maybe learning to wind down a bit may hold the key.

Love to keep in touch
Lots of Love Jo xxx

Meg
02-06-04, 13:43
Jo,

You may benefit (if you feel more on edge) and then panic from taking time out and listening to a relaxation CD or vigourously exercising before you get to the panic stage .

Sounds like yours are due to pure overload- so with lightening your load they will recede provided you haven't got a fear of the fear entrenched.

Exams, interview, house move, wedding - on a stress scale that's pretty much off it altogether.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

me
05-06-04, 19:00
hello jo, im mary ,welcome to this site. wow you have so much going on in your life at the moment....no surprise you have had a panic or two xx my love go with the flow, you sound like you are working so hard you are going to get married in vegas very soon take time out for YOU!! Have time for you,take some vitamins(look at megs first page its great for helpful hints) and enjoy all the exciting times ahead, your in control, you will be fine take care keep intouch love from mary

april tones
06-06-04, 21:24
hi jo, welcome! you sem to know how to wind down, talk about it and recognise panick attacks, i say your half way there! well done! i have suffered full blown p.a., if you want any tips just ask, love april xx

apriltones

gingerone
09-06-04, 01:38
hello jo, the feeling you have i know after my panic attack i was afraid to do anything at all eat bath had to have someone with me incase i died. i am a bit better i now relax in the bath again and eating is back to normal so thats good. as far as the party goes hen night give it till the night before and see how u feel hun

c j giff

jo-jo
11-06-04, 22:16
Hi folks

Good to get your messages - thanks so much for your support and kindness.

Managed to get through my masters interview (voice was notably shaking though) and I have been offered a place! So glad I didn't chicken out of the interview.

Lots of love
Jo xx

Meg
11-06-04, 23:37
Great - so now you can enjoy your trip and great event .

how are you doing day to day now ?

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

paul
15-06-04, 18:03
hello jo m and anyone else i havent said spoke to yet

i hope eveyrone is alrightish

all the best

paul

me
16-06-04, 12:59
well done jo for your interview you should be really proud of yourself take care love from mary x