PDA

View Full Version : Had to cancel on my friend today as too ill

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 11:26
As the title says, I am really ill today and starting my new job on monday as some of you may have seen in my previous post.
I hate cancelling on people at the best of times but I was up all night in agony with the chills/aches etc.
We had organised this day out for ages and I haven't seen her in months.
She hasn't replied to my text message and I feel really awful. I'm gutted that I'm missing out seeing her as I was really looking forward to it but I want to be better for monday.
I'm really hoping she will get back to me soon & she's not too annoyed at me.
I'm really anxious about this now.

Elle-Kay
01-09-12, 11:45
Sorry you're feeling poorly, but I think you've done the right thing for your first day at work on Monday. If you're concerned why not give your friend a quick call, so she can hear that you're not very well?

spuder
01-09-12, 11:51
sorry u r not well hun big hugs to you. like the above said ring your freind and have a good natter

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 11:57
Shes not answering her phone, I have a feeling she thinks I'm lying or something :(

purplepie
01-09-12, 12:10
People who do not suffer anxiety and/or depression do not understand how it feels and how we beat ourselves up for not being able to do the things that others find pleasurable. Anxiety in itself is bad enough, add to that not being well and a new job to start, I think you should think about yourself and your own well being and don't worry about what your friend may or may not be thinking. She can't be much of a friend if she isn't willing to try to understand your predicament.
I am the same, I text people to cancel and then think they will hate me. A good saying to try to live by is ' what other people think of me is none of my business'. I try to live by this but when your low, I know it's not always possible.

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 12:43
Thanks purplepie, really useful & help
ful advice.
It's so true and even worse when you feel bad

Magic
01-09-12, 15:22
Take care of yourself girl afraid . Rest is what you need at the moment xx