PDA

View Full Version : Flu...in early sept?!

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 17:15
Early last night I had what I thought was a head cold. Very quickly it developed into aches, pains, temperature & chills.
I have already had flu once this year and it seems i have it again, its not even common at this time of year is it?!

I'm starting a new job on Monday and really worried Il be ill for my first day. I can't call in sick can I?!
Do you guys reckon it peaked last night? As I felt as though i was dying and it seems to have eased off a tiny bit today.
I cant be ill for this opportunity, I just cant :( I'm so upset, its such bad timing!

swgrl09
01-09-12, 18:42
Actually it can happen, my doctor gave me my flu shot already ... but it could be any virus that just is making you sick. If you really don't feel well, you should rest. Something I've learned is that nobody at your job wants to catch what you have and would appreciate if you didn't give it to them either! I'm sure they'd understand!

RockShox
01-09-12, 19:05
It's more common in winter because people spend more time indoors, creating more/closer human contact, that's all.

Personally, I would just suck it up and go to work. But I'd make every effort to make sure I'm as comfortable as possible for that day. Early nights rest, plenty of fluids etc...

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 20:29
I am going to go in as its my first day & i want to make a good impression.
I'm now getting a sore throat & worried it will turn into strep and kill me.
I've heard people have died of that before so now im convinced that will be me.
Is it rare?

swgrl09
01-09-12, 20:36
strep is very common, just need a course of antibiotics and it will go away.

Em.ma
01-09-12, 20:36
theres this virus going round at the moment loads of people been getting it
everyone i know has had it haha dont worry about it we all get colds it wont harm try to rest etc loads of fluids and try to eat little and often x

GirlAfraid23
01-09-12, 20:40
strep is very common, just need a course of antibiotics and it will go away.

Ive heard in the media that a few people have died of this. Someone who lived up my boyfriends road also died of it and complications.
What signs do I need to look out for?