PDA

View Full Version : white lines on fingernails

swgrl09
01-09-12, 18:40
i've noticed that close to the top of my nails but below the normal white tips are white lines on each of my nails ... it looks like it is where the nail separates from the skin .. but have heard this can be a sign of disease! anybody have this? it's on every single nail and is not the white tip that is normal but about a mm below it.

nomorepanic
01-09-12, 19:18
Try this:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nail-abnormalities/Pages/Introduction.aspx#white-lines

Anxious_gal
01-09-12, 19:19
do you mean where the nail ends/joins the finger tip?
I have them, I think it's just due to the nail putting pressure on the skin underneath making it appear white.

swgrl09
01-09-12, 19:24
thanks, that website was helpful ... said that they would be parallel white lines, which is not what i have, so i should not worry. and yeah, anxious gal, it is close to where the end meets the finger.

i guess i am awaiting results of a whole load of blood work anyway, so ill feel better once i get the clean bill of health (hopefully! haha)

JB1985
19-03-14, 15:21
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but did you ever figure out what caused this? Im having the same issue at the moment

sparkle_1979
19-03-14, 15:29
I get these from time to time

RoseEve
19-03-14, 17:36
That link almost made me hurl. But I also have some white on my nails. I think its normal.

JB1985
19-03-14, 18:17
Thing is it's not just "some white stuff om the nails". It's a white thin line at the end of the nail that looks more of less the same on every finger. Not that easy to notice, but you know... OCD