PDA

View Full Version : im ruining my life... my husband has just told me im getting harder to live with :(

stressedmamof3
01-09-12, 19:41
only been uding this forum about a month, im convinved theres something wrong with the left side of my head
symptoms being

weird heavy feeling left side of head-not headache.
shooting pains in scalp and left earlobe.
left earache.
feeling like im not me when talking.
feeling tired.
eye twitching.
slight diziness.
brain fog.

all of the symptoms come and go at different times, this all started about 5 weeks ago , went on for 2 1/2 weeks, then stopped for 2 weeks and back again :(

doc said its muscular and doesnt think i need meds for anxiety.

in the past iv been seen for various things such as - pain in side-i was convinced it was ovarian cancer-i had polycycstic ovaries, bleeding after sex i was convinced i had cervical cancer turned out to be a cervical erosion etc.

the doc once said to me that i will reach 70 and think of all the time iv wasted worrying. i dont enjoy my children like i shouldm i spend most if my time worrying about my health :(
was just talking to my husband this morning and he said he doesnt know what to say to me and im getting harder to live with..... :weep:

Anxious_gal
01-09-12, 20:49
the coming and going is a good sign.
it might be TMJ or muscle tension that affecting the nerves that run along your jaw.
that can cause one sided pain, tension, numbness,ear aches, pressure.
I know because it happens to me.

The other thing is it could be migraines, I get those too.

little.miss.worry
01-09-12, 21:03
That's really weird you know I had this last week and last night! But it went off too It probably is anxiety because anxiety does cause muscle tension so don't worry about it, it should go off :) And enjoy your children they should be able to take your mind off all this :) as for your husband im sure he will put up with you hehe :)

stressedmamof3
01-09-12, 21:05
thanks for reply :) a migraine? i dont get headaches :unsure:. how long have you had yours? x

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

i really think im dying, im actually crying now.... really wanna start getting excited for crimbo but im scared :(

little.miss.worry
01-09-12, 21:16
I promise you are NOT going to die...ive thought that for the past two years and im still here..I know it's hard to believe at the moment because of how your feeling but remember anxiety symptoms cannot harm you in any way shape or form besides making your worry even more try and stay strong for your kids and husband :) honestly one day you will look back at this and think what on earth was I thinking because I always do haha :)

Elle-Kay
01-09-12, 21:19
You can have a migraine without a headache,it's called an aura, and can include symptoms like a feeling of unreality, flashing lights, 'foggy' feelings, tunnel vision, a feeling of internal numbness (i.e. not numb to the touch, but feeling numb to yourself) etc.

I know when I'm getting a migraine coming on because I get the aura first, then the pain later, but my mum just gets the aura.

stressedmamof3
01-09-12, 21:20
im just sick of it all :mad: cant concentrate.... gonna wait till kids are back at school and take a few days off work.
even typing this i feel like iv got a lead balloon in my head and my legs feel all jittery

Anxious_gal
01-09-12, 21:35
I've had mine for years.
One symptom you mentioned, talking but it not sounding like you, thas a symptom i get when I'm having a migraine. My voice sounds far away and doesnt sound like me at all.

With CBT or therapy it would help you to see the symptoms for what they are and not to attach any fear or scary thoughts to them.

GreyClouds
01-09-12, 22:43
May I ask how old you are?

stressedmamof3
02-09-12, 07:05
im 29.

another thing which has just happened is i get to sleep ok, but find it hard getting back to sleep if woke up early,hence me being up at this hour :(

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

oh another thing im getting is tingling in the left front calve .....
i cant go on like this.........

Em84
02-09-12, 08:24
Hi Hun

I know what you mean about the Hubby thing, mine thinks that its all in my head and i just need to snap out of it...He also joked asking if i was having an affiar with my Doctor as i like going to see him??? :huh:

I also have 2 little ones, my son is on his holidays and its driving me insane...i def think the holidays have added extra stress which then fuels the anxiety....

Hope your feeling better today?

:hugs:

stressedmamof3
02-09-12, 09:17
well i managed to dose back off about an hour ago, and woke myself up as i had tingling all down left side of body, even in my head :wacko:... really scared

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

also dont know if worth mentioning but the lower left of my hip round the back has been hurting for about 3month now....not constant but not sure if it is related.

and when i say tingling, its like a shiver/tingling down my leg,buttock,head and arm of left side :blush:

sunshine1
02-09-12, 10:50
I think that you need to see a different GP.All very well telling you to enjoy your children and stop worry ing but I think you need some help in breaking th cycle of anxiety and worry. Three children is hard - I know. and you work . Your life is stressful and at the moment your anxiety is ruling your life so I think you need to explain this to a different GP. Try to think about how to eliminate some of the stress from your life and make some time for you (easier said than done). i completely understand how you feel. x

Jules147
02-09-12, 11:14
Get your GP to prescribe Zopiclone, just for a few days. This will restore your sleep pattern and ease that frazzled feeling that is driving your anxiety symptoms.

You need to practise 7/11 breathing three times a day and muscle relaxation exercises where you tense each muscle in your face, neck, arms, including clenching fists, stomach, legs and toes and then relax each in turn before moving to the next muscle.

You also need a few sessions of CBT.

Elle-Kay
02-09-12, 13:05
I agree that you should see a different GP. Based on my own experiences I think that all of your symptoms can be explained by anxiety - the constant scanning of your body for extra/related symptoms certainly - and possibly some sciatica in your lower back (which can cause tingling/buzzing in the buttock and leg on that side). This is all fairly inconsequential though as, scary as they may be, I do think that all of these things can be explained by a state of anxiety as I said before, and it is THAT which a GP needs to assess and assist you with. Please make an appointment with a GP and explain EVERYTHING to them as soon as you can.

Supermum
02-09-12, 13:30
I feel for you, I have three kids myself and I understand how hard it is. I do think that you need to see your doctor, you seem so stressed out (understandably) and that in itself is enough to make you physically ill. How long have you been feeling like this?

stressedmamof3
02-09-12, 15:08
been like this off and on for years, however after my last bout at beginning of this year of "cervical cancer", i was begining to relax a little and enjoy life untill about 5 weeks ago :( when all this started....
im going to docs on fri (it was my auntys appointment but she letting me have it ) 71st doc i seen was a temp doc. 2nd doc was my usual doc who im seeing again fri, failing that i will go see another doctor.
i dont think it is a tumour but its killing me not knowing what it is....
i really dont think anxiety can cause all of these problems, especially because iv had anxiety for years...why all of a sudden it comes now?

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

whats cbt? xx

Supermum
02-09-12, 15:39
I have no idea why anxiety comes and goes, I am the same, I have good times and bad, a constant rollercoaster.

CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I had sessions of it a few months ago. The counsellor will talk through your anxieties and teach you new ways of thinking about them and learn you tools to help you to cope. I found it so useful. Your doctor can refer you for the therapy if you suggest it to them at your appointment. It can take a few months before you are seen depending on the waiting list. I waited about 3 months for mine but it was so worth it

sunshine1
02-09-12, 16:09
i do think that a lot of your problems could be stress and anxiety. I don't realise i am stressed until I get physical symptoms, weak limbs, headaches, back ache etc. x

stressedmamof3
02-09-12, 19:27
oh i dont know whats going on.... i have been ok the last few hours- i havnt been googling anything therfore havnt felt anything apart from the odd jitter in leg/arm.... :) gonna ask about cbt though

DylanR
02-09-12, 20:17
Hold on in there , we understand :)

stressedmamof3
02-09-12, 22:32
im just so scared that it is something more sinister than anxiety-like i say iv had anxiety all these years, howcome these symptoms are showing just now :shrug:

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

im just so fed up, i went to bed half hour ago and im scared to relax worrying about all the odd twitches, i have actually developed a headache in my scalp more towards the right side of my head..... im sobbing my eyes out atm, really dont know whats going on......i just love my kids soooo much and the thought of them without me here is tearing me apart :weep:

Jules147
03-09-12, 02:40
im just so scared that it is something more sinister than anxiety-like i say iv had anxiety all these years, how come these symptoms are showing just now

I asked my CBT therapist this exact question this time last year.

Here was his answer:

If you wake up one day to find that you weigh 22 stone it isn't due to the burger you ate last night. It is due to a build up of bad eating habits over a long period of time. It is the same with your anxiety symptoms. Over time you have developed bad thinking habits and you breathing pattern has suffered as a result. You have got worse and worse until you begin to notice these symptoms. You now need to unlearn those bad habits and re-learn better ones.

I did.

sallad
03-09-12, 03:46
It is absolutely amazing how strong our minds are to make us feel things that aren't there. I was just on a two week vacation and was unable to eat almost the entire time. I would have sworn I had the flu. Within an hour of my house I suddenly felt great and was excited and happy. I have been eating like a horse since we got back.
My point is that we can really cause things to happen and that if you relax you actually will be able to judge your symptoms better. It isn't easy, I know!
Are you on any medication? I feel your pain and understand how hard it is to hear your husband ay what he did.

stressedmamof3
03-09-12, 08:31
no medication :lac: my doc said i didnt need it :wacko: as im not depressed.
i was on sertraline at beginning of year but couldnt sleep properly so came off them.
will see what same doc says on fri, if not there is another doctor whom iv seen before (who gave me sertraline) i will make appt with her.
woke up today feeling a bit better, head still feels weird but not as much, all other symptoms are still present , at different intervals and not as bad as they were.
however i have woke up feeling sick , not sure what that is :shrug: but i did have a fab nights sleep :D
the only thing that scares me is the kids being motherless :weep: just cant stop thinking about it.

anyhow iv got a crap 12hour shift ahead of me so best get a wriggle on !!

emma

flossie
03-09-12, 08:48
Make sure you eat properly throughout the day and it is especially important to have breakfast. I know breakfast is difficult to face but you need to try to keep your blood sugar levels steady to avoid them dropping which can cause us to become incredibly anxious. Have something to eat every couple of hours, a yogurt or piece of fruit will help and don't forget to drink plenty of water.
I'm surprised your GP hasn't suggested relaxation techniques and learning to breath properly but this would help you a lot too.