PDA

View Full Version : crazy swallowing habit

smogie
02-09-12, 11:19
Hey im back again started with bad anxiety about three months ago had anaemia diagnosed and really started to freak out have settled down lots since then but still cant get the thought out of my head that i have some kind of tumor in my throat/esophagus the thoughts wont go away because i have lumpy feelings in my throat and now i find it hard to get food down unless i pinch my ear lobe or press my fingernails into my ear/neck when i do this it feels like the food goes down easier???????? am i going mad would doing this have an effect if there was something in there any advice would be very welcome

Louise36
02-09-12, 14:30
I'm in this situation also. Feels like food getting stuck/pressure in my upper chest. It is probably anxiety but is very annoying and of course every so often I worry that it's cancer...

xJust_Sarahx
02-09-12, 14:41
Hi,
i can relate to u on this, i had anemia but im ok now, had it severe each time i have been pregnant which i know is normal for pregnancy but still is a problem. So anyway i had iron tablets and im ok now. It caused me short of breath.. but then again i still feel that now!
I freaked out aswell because its essential to have the right amount of iron, help ur immune system and what not!

anyway.. i have trouble with swallowing, thing with me is i sometimes feel i have to swallow over and over again, and then theres time when i go to swallow and i cant and its a weird sensation.

I always have a lumpy feeling, as if theres something permanent stuck in my throat, and i can feel things slowly down my throat, its really uncomfortable and im finding these tablets i take now really hard to swallow because they are huge and they seem to turn width ways and get stuck! (i wrote a post about this yesterday)

I have never tried pinching my earlobe or anything like that, all i do is make sure i have plenty to drink before i eat, and when im eating and swallowed to wash it down with, the more u have to drink the less chance of ur mouth becoming dry, and should make it easier to swallow, i have mentioned this to my doctor and its apparantly a really common anxiety thing. :) x

smogie
02-09-12, 18:02
thankyou i know people tell you to relax and you might not notice it but its all i think about each time i eat i think about every mouthful i swallow am even starting to fill up on biscuits cos they go down easier i also noticed that my mouth is very dry:weep::weep: fed up with it all

Louise36
02-09-12, 20:08
My mouth and throat always feel dry and I sometimes feel like I have a slight hoarse throat... I've been sick before just to check if the feeling Goes away and most often it doesn't, which makes me think the ache I get cannot be food sticking as surely the ache would go if I sicked up the food.... I know this is not the right thing to do, but us HAers will try anything for reassurance!!!

smogie
03-09-12, 18:21
i know:weep: its the pits never having peace of mind i have been waiting four months now for some cbt it gets me down