PDA

View Full Version : I had hypnosis last night!

anderson78
28-07-06, 11:11
Hi,

I have a quick question. I have been refered to see a psychiatrist as I suffer with deppresion, anxiety and PA and have so far had 2 appointments. The 1st one lasted about 20minutes where he asked me lots of questions and asked me to go back for a 2nd appointment as he wanted to try hypnosis on me, which I agreed to. I went back for hypnosis last night I expected it would take at least half an hour but I was only in there 15 minutes. Surely it should take longer than that? Has anyone else had hypnosis and how long did it take?
Thanks for your help.
xx

nomorepanic
28-07-06, 20:01
Did you feel it helped? Is this hypnosis or hypnotherapy that you are having?

Nicola

kate
28-07-06, 20:18
I've had hypnotherapy and the sessions were 2 hours long each one.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

den64
28-07-06, 20:54
Hi

I had hypnosis and it lasted for 1hour, 15 minutes doesnt sound very long, but the main thing is did you feel any benefit from it

denise

anderson78
31-07-06, 11:20
Thanks for your responses, I had hypnosis that's what he said it was. I am not sure if I have noticed any benefit from it. Although saying that I did have a panic free weekend, but that may be just a coincidence. I don't know what to think. I have bupa health care so I am lucky enough to have these sessions paid for at the moment but I got the invoice and the last appointment was £200 and that was for 15 minutes!!! it just doesen't seem right to me?

nomorepanic
31-07-06, 19:06
I would question him as to why it was only 15 minutes long for £200. Get your money's worth!

Nicola

Nel
09-08-06, 12:54
I had two sessions of hypnotherapy, first lasted an hour and a half and the second an hour.
It helped short term, felt good for a day or two after each session.

strawberrie
09-08-06, 16:44
£800 an hour!!!?????[:O] i'm in the wrong job!!!

in all honesty it sounds dodgy to me. i paid £50 an hour (i shopped around and that was about average). i would be surprised if you could get relaxed enough to have an effective hypnotherapy session in 15 minutes, but maybe someone can tell me different? i did find that time felt like it had passed very quickly, but i made sure it was an hour - even at £50 an hour i wanted my money's worth!

i would ask him for a bit more explanation if i were you.

take care,
mag

alicia123
24-08-06, 14:31
Anderson, trust me you are being scammed. £200 for 15 minutes!!![V]
I have had hypnotherapy and it is usually £40-60 for an hour session.

The therapist I had was very good but I couldn't afford all the sessions I needed. She belonged to the National Council for Hypnotherapy www.hypnotherapists.org.uk and I think they have people all over the UK who are qualified professionals.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

bb01234
08-01-07, 03:20
anderson78 if you're still about can you tell us more about this £200.00 oik.

Basically if, and only if you have no further problems then it was money well spent.

But it really does sound like you were ripped off.

You mentioned you had the invoice - do you have a copy?

Did you say you were bupa covered before or after you discussed fees? I ask since if they knew you were not picking up they tab they could have inflated the price accordingly. I think that happens a lot in many medical areas.

Were they practicing at home, private rooms or in a bigger practice?

Tell us more, I am certainly not cheap myself but if he/she that good they can teach me a few tricks!

regards

Brian

jo61
08-01-07, 09:21
I imagine there must be some sort of association of Hypnotherapists. It might be worth taking it up with them. Also your first appointment with the psychiatrist was very short. An initial consultation is usually longer to take a history etc.

Jo x

fightingonstill
08-01-07, 10:41
Hi
I had hypnotherapy with NLP cost £60 and lasted an hour to an hour and half. I think it really helped alot and got me on a flight to Mexico! But i couldnt afford to keep going
Nikki

bb01234
08-01-07, 10:41
there is no single association.

there are hundreds of certificates and qualifications 'out there'

someone could be trained ( if that's the word ) by post/email from america and set up here.

Membership of any body is not mandatory so why should anyone join one body over another.

also, many bodies have 'their way' of practising and if a therapist feels there is a better approach it's frowned upon.

somewhat like being in a franchise - you can't branch out w/o permission.

Also if they resign their membership they can't be banned.

But it isn't all bad - hypnotherapy works - actually we all do it all the time - watching tv or the cinema is an example.

Self hypnosis ( since ALL hypnosis is really self hypnosis ) is practised by many people.

I'd pull your copy of the invoice and check out the details on there

regards

brian