PDA

View Full Version : scared I have brain tumour

diddler
02-09-12, 11:31
Hi it all started few months ago I woke up with vertigo and since I have felt really off balance. I have cloudy vision in a morning and threw the day, I also have headaches when I wake up I feel light headed when standing up and I have missed a period. Obviously I've googled the symptoms and it's things that make me worry that it is a brain tumour and I'm really worried
Thanks

Worrier12
02-09-12, 12:23
Sounds a bit like positional vertigo. I've had it for years.

I wake up with the room spinning 3 or 4 times a year and it's because I tilt my head back to far when I'm asleep or make a sudden movement. Do you find you start to feel a bit dizzy when you tilt your head back really far (tilt as far as you can and see)? Or if you look down and rest your chin on your chest?

I get the light headedness when standing up or sitting up quickly. It's just the blood rushing to your head.

I've been terrified about brain tumour and MS for a long time, and if you had one, you'd definitely have other symptoms, like some of below :

*Seizures
*Feeling sick and vomiting
*Headaches - it will be like 'the worse headache ever' waking you up in the middle of the night, and you will wake up with it, and it will ease as the day goes on. General headaches aren't usually associated with brain tumours as the brain has no feeling.

Brain Tumours are very rare, it's unlikely your symptoms relate to it (I know it's easy to say, I've had so many doctors tell me you don't have a brain tumour, yet I still fail to believe it! Almost thought about paying £200 for a private MRI scan it got that bad)

diddler
02-09-12, 12:35
Thanku for reply, not really when tilting head back but when I got it it lasted all day the first time especially when I laid down or hung my head backwards, the second time I woke with it I had a sleep late morning which made it go but was same then sudden movements made it worse, it's horrible having a fear like that when I was totally obsessed about my heart I paid private, I'm late for my womanly month thing which I remembered seeing could be related to brain tumour so obviously I googled which is never good, and strange you mentioned the Ms I was worrying about that last week because on front thigh goes numb sometimes for days from knee cap to top of leg

Worrier12
02-09-12, 12:43
A lot of people with HA worry about brain tumours and MS, because the symptoms of anxiety mimic it. The worst thing is googling it (I still do it though..) because when you start to look for symptoms, you will end up with them the more you think about them. E.g. burning smells are a possible symptom of brain tumour, after reading this, I started to be paranoid that I could smell burning or hot boiling water. The less I think about it, the less I have the symptom

The first step to helping yourself is to stop the Googling. Easier said than done, I haven't taken it myslef yet, but I'm getting better.

With brain tumours it would normally be like a headache accompanied with dizzyness and vomiting that would be something to worry about. Where you are waking up with dizzyness, it suggests it's something to do with the position you are sleeping in, or perhaps sudden movements from a bad dream.

If you are worried see a doctor, but the last thing you should do is Google! :)

diddler
02-09-12, 12:50
I know this morning I was thinking Don't Google Don't Google but you just can't help it, lately I've been waking up with jaw clicking and pain which is obviously from grinding but I can also wake up with a ripping pain in my leg where it goes numb like I've pulled it, my DNA did say bppv when I went about it, the blurred vision I was thinking was dry eye but not sure, Thanku for all your help though

Worrier12
02-09-12, 12:57
I know, first thing I did when I got up this morning was get on the laptop so I can google MS symptoms, I get really embarassed, every time my girlfriend is lke what are you doing? and comes and walks past, I hide whatever I'm looking at.

I get the jaw clicking, I grind my teeth a lot when I'm stressed (most of the time). This then leads to tension and pressure around and behind my eyes (which made me worried I had a brain tumour...). I think even though I'm here giving advice about anxiety, I myself will not be able to accept there is nothing wrong with me until I've had MRI scans etc, even though deep down I know it's probably nothing serious

diddler
02-09-12, 13:05
I know I'm same constantly at doctors and on my phone looking things up, internet is great for some things but defo not others, it's like we put in our symptoms followed by what we think it is and of course it gonna bring that up, but still doesn't help, the grinding is crap I think that causes my tinnitus which I'm sure could lead to vertigo as it's all connected

DylanR
02-09-12, 17:37
I am also worrying about a Brain tumour , I have been suffering with tiredness and occasional headaches , Its ruining my social life and my school work. I was completely fine until one day i had a headache and googled it. Since then i am a terrible worrier but this forum has been a saviour for letting talk about it which is something i feel i cant do with a doctor or parent

diddler
02-09-12, 23:11
Hiya Dylanr I know it's awful when your worrying I've had headache from minute I've got up actually sacred at min to go back to sleep , I've googled it and can't stop worrying now, the tiredness your having is probably from anxiety and your headaches are probably tension ones

Janina87
02-09-12, 23:25
hi diddler ask your dentist for a mouth guard for grinding i have one i wear it every night and synt that you have been writing about will soon clear off x x

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

symptoms i mean not synt

diddler
02-09-12, 23:28
Hi janina87 , Thanku I will try it xx

OliviaD
12-09-12, 12:13
My aunt had a brain tumour but never suffered from headaches or dizziness.