PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

Laura25
02-09-12, 17:01
hiya my names Laura im 25 yrs of age and im from lincolnshire, i have suffered with anxiety for a few years now but last year and this year i had a total meltdown, i thought me going all funny last year was due to the stress of my NOW husband going to prison and the stress with the commotion of his sentencing, but just recently over the past few weeks i have gone in to total meltdown yet again, all i think about is cancer i get a headache ive got a brain tumour i went to my docs twice and i even went to the hospital i have no control of my mind, it is true wat they say the mind is a powerful thing i have asked my husband to leave me as i cnt cope knowing that me being like this is making him suffer :( i now think i am going to be getting breast cancer and literally die from it i feel i have lost my mind, i just want these thoughts to stop im currently on citalopram 10mg and have to up my dose within 9 days, i started taking it on tuesday and i was ok but on wednesday and thursday i was going mental i just wanted to die i hate this so much i feel i have come to a dead end and noway coming back from this i want to enjoy life i have a 2 yr old son who is my world and i want to be in control so i can be the best mum i can be :( i only got married in may these should b the happiest days of my life but instead they are just miserable, please is there anyone who is sharing the same difficulties or who would even like to chat? xx

nomorepanic
02-09-12, 17:11
Hi Laura25

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

terror-x
02-09-12, 23:49
welcome laura yes i allso suffer from health anxiety i have done for 11 years and have put it under control most of the time the things you explain about the tumour with having a headache i feel like it allt he time its anxiety and you can over come this .