PDA

View Full Version : Can any1 give me any advice

Mummy24
02-09-12, 21:17
Hi I'm a mum of 1 and panic attacks and anxiety are destroying my life I feel a failure to my son . I find it hard taking him to school with out going dizzy , mouth going dry and I can hardly breath . I'm also an epileptic which makes it worse as I panic about that aswel. I tend to avoid doing things like shopping and use the computer alot for shopping etc As last time I went to asda I ended up outside trying to sort my self out and ended up in the toilet being sick as being around crowds make it worse . I use to walk every where like my parents which take 15 mins but I don't do it as I no wat will happen . Even the shops up the road which is 5 mins away scares the life out of me . I will nt go to doc as I can't walk as it takes 15 mins walk and can't cope sitting in the waiting room without getting breathless , it is now coming to the point where i can't go my friends as sitting in her house makes me panic and I leave . so now I just stay in every day :(

BobbyDog
03-09-12, 06:01
I have been where you are now and it is not a nice place to be at all.
Can you get a taxi or lift to the doctors? Take someone with you so they can stay in the waiting room until it is time for you appointment?
My GP surgery will do telephone appointments, it is worth a try, get someone to ring the doctors for you.
You will have to take small steps to regain your confidence and independence, set yourself one small task to do each day that will improve your quality of life.

Supermum
03-09-12, 08:32
Ask a friend or family member to go to the doctors with you. You really need to see your doctor, it is not fair on you to have to live like this. I completely understand how hard it is to leave the house. I was once unable to physically leave the house for 3 months due to panic attacks. I still struggle to leave the house and I can go weeks where the only place that I go to is my part time job on Monday and then the school runs. If it wasn't for taking my kids to school every day, I probably wouldn't leave the house. I am always a pm away if you need me

Mummy24
03-09-12, 14:35
I've now booked an appointment and have a friend coming with me and driving me . So hopefully the doc can give me advice .

moonlite82
03-09-12, 22:48
This is exactly how im feeling right now :( A year ago myself and my partner had our first child. We had tried 6 years to conceive and finally our dream was going to come true. The day of her birth was the most fantastic amazing day of my life, however 4 weeks after our daughter was born we noticed she was not looking at anything. Cutting a long story short we have found out she had suffered a hemorrhage when i was pregnant in her brain which has caused permanent brain damage and has left her totally blind :( We had no idea when I was pregnant and lets just say our perfect dream has come crashing down around us. She is 1 in a few weeks and has severe developmental delay but she is a happy little thing and we love her immensly.
Anyway the point of this post is that over that last few months things have been getting on top of me. Constant hospital visits, other health worries, people coming round to see our daughter all the time and a feeling that there is nothing I can do to control what is happening has left me feeling extremely anxious, ill and generally down :( I had a breakdown 8 years ago which left me suffering GAD/Panic Attacks and Agrophobia. I had courses of CBT and anti-depressants which calmed things down for a few years but slowly but surely it has all resurfaced and has hit me like a ton of bricks. I too am finding I am avoiding going out and also feel like I am not being a good Mum to my beautiful girl. I have been to the docs a few days ago as my partner pushes me to go out and do things (which in a way is a good thing but not always). They are going to refer me for more CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and have also advised me to start taking anti depressants again. I am nervous about this though as I know the side effects can be quite bad. They have prescribed me Citalopram this time though so I am hoping they might be ok. Anyways I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and if you ever wanted to chat I am always here.
Let me know how you get on and when I have finally plucked up the courage to start the meds i will let you know.
Good luck and remember its nothing serious its just our bodies react differently to everyone elses
xxxxx