PDA

View Full Version : New very painful symptoms

Anxiety Jim
03-09-12, 03:20
Hi,

For the past week I've been feeling relatively calm, and free from full on panic attacks most of the time.

But on Saturday, I got a very sharp cold pain in my lower throat, right about the centre of my collar bone (and the pain seems to be slightly to the left and right, with less pain in the middle, going up my neck a little way). It was worse when I breathed in, and was very painful, this panicked me a bit, and I was thinking of going to A+E, but the pain went after about 20 seconds, so I left it.

However, it's happened 5 times on Sunday, getting worse every time and lasting for much longer 5 - 10 minutes.

This has gotten me very scared, thinking it's thyroid cancer, or some other cancer that has reached my neck. I'm so scared I can't sleep.

If it had just happened the once I'd be OK, but now it's happening more often, and for longer it's really gotten me worried.

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any ideas what it could be?

I don't think it's acid reflux, I've had that a lot and it feels nothing like it.

Thanks

Jim

Anxiety Jim
03-09-12, 21:28
Anyone?

Anxious_gal
04-09-12, 03:05
Is the pain outside or inside the actual throat?
If its inside I'm thinking you might have a sore in your throat, so throat sweets and warm salt water would help.

If outside, do you have any swollen glands or lymph nodes as they can cause pains.
But also there's lots of muscles there, I get muscles in my neck too.