PDA

View Full Version : Coldsores

Zonja.j
03-09-12, 09:54
So here I am, yay. I hate, I hate, I hate anxiety.

3 weeks ago I got a coldsore on my lip, quite normal for me but it was huge. Now afrter it went I got a big lump in the roof of my mouth (FREEEAKED OUT), turned out it was "just" a coldsore, was a bit pissed off but can cope with that. Got tablets from the doctor and the next day ...... yep, coldsore on my finger (ultimately my fault for prodding lump in mouth not knowing what it was). Now I have a swelling under my nose, however I normally get quite large painful lomps under my nose (do you?) so yes boys and girls mega freak out, I'm focusing on it way too much. Infact throughout the hole saga I've allowed it to engulf my thoughts, why do we do that???? anyway just a rant, looking for kind words and yeah want to find out if others get sore spots under their nose.

Zonja.j
03-09-12, 15:14
No body talking to me :-S :-P

miss diagnosis
03-09-12, 18:46
i get cold sores all the time

dont bother with the creams. the only thing that works for me is if you mix a spoon full of coffee with cold water till it forms a paste.dap that on and voila.coldsore gone next day. do it in private though cos its not the most attractive thing to have some brown stuff around your mouth

Rob1971
03-09-12, 19:17
Hello, i used to get cold sores all the time then someone told me about BURT'S BEE's lip balm and i haven't had one since. Its available in Canada but not sure if its available to you. Hope it works for you like it did me. Good luck

Magic
03-09-12, 20:19
I just come across these posts.

I never had cold sores untill about one month a go underneath bottom lip
I bought some cream from chemist. Did no good, so I put some
talc on to dry it up. It did the trick.
I felt awful going out with a thick lip:ohmy:Now I hve a scar.:weep:.
worse things at sea.
Thanks for tips x

swgrl09
03-09-12, 22:58
Only thing that helps me to take the swelling down is to ice it a bit. Other than htat, just wait it out. Wish I had better suggestions!