PDA

View Full Version : House of obsessive compulsives research

Amanda2
28-07-06, 13:53
My name is Amanda Dee and I am a training to be a clinical psychologist at the University of Canterbury. At the moment I am conducting a piece of research, which has received full ethical approval, looking at the views of people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder on the Channel Four documentary ‘The House of Obsessive Compulsives’, which was shown on TV in August 2005. As television is becoming a popular way to promote mental health problems it is important to investigate how these programmes might effect people in different ways. It is really important to hear your views on what it was like for you to watch the programme and what you think the general public might have thought about OCD after watching the programme.
The programme portrayed three people who had OCD who received intensive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). I will be looking at your opinions on how the programme portrayed OCD and its treatment, how the programme may have had an influence on stigma and help-seeking, and what the impact was of watching the programme on you or your family?
You are invited to take part if you are above the age of 16 from the UK, who has been diagnosed with OCD by a mental health professional and who has experienced cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). You are also invited to take part if you have already seen the programme or if you would like to view it for the first time. The study will involve watching the programme in your own home and taking part in a telephone interview, which will be kept, confidential and anonymous.
I am interested in gaining a broad range of views about this programme so I encourage anyone to take part whether your views are positive or negative. If you are interested please contact me via the details provided below, leaving me your name and address and I will be more than happy to send you an information pack.

Name: Amanda Dee (Trainee Clinical Psychologist)
By Phone: 01892507636

Address: CASP
Salomons
David Salomons Estate
Broomhill Road, Southborough
Tunbridge Wells
Kent
TN3 0TG.

Email: ajg30s@canterbury.ac.uk

den64
28-07-06, 15:38
hi amanda
i know this has nothing to do with ocd. but did you know they have made a documentary called "The House of Agoraphobia" which will be on the telly in october i think, anyway good lluck with youre research and i hope you get many replies

Denise