PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling

ChrisScotland
03-09-12, 12:49
Been struggling pretty bad with my Anxiety for a long time.I've always suffered from bad nerves that make me anxious and panicky when around others.But now that I've recently split up from my Girlfriend, my Anxiety has shot up to a new level like never before.My stomach is in knots, and my adrenalin is going like mad 24/7.The only time I get a break is when I'm sleeping or have had a little drink, which isn't good at all.

I know it takes time, but boy am I in hell at the minute.

marcusmaximus
03-09-12, 13:30
Hi Chris yea it hit's hard surround yourself with friends that's how I'm coping it really works just sit and have a get together with plenty of food and drink

ChrisScotland
03-09-12, 13:42
Hiya marcus.Yeah, my friend has been really good with me.Had a good night at the weekend with the Wii :).It's the struggling through the day that's pretty hard.

Thanks for the advice.Hope you're keeping good.

marcusmaximus
03-09-12, 15:08
Do you work or anything? music is great stick it on loud or get outside, is your Anxiety a reaction to anything can you pin point anything that creates it ?

ChrisScotland
03-09-12, 15:25
No, I'm not working at the moment because of my anxiety.Hehe Yeah, I love my music -Usually sit with my headphones on.I get out and have a jog now and then.

My anxiety started off with my bad nerves.I'd shake a lot and get twitches, so I would tense up and try to control it, but it has made it worse over the years which has lead to my anxiety followed by Panic Attacks, mostly in any kind of Social situation.Kinda getting agoraphobic.

How about yourself? How you keeping with your situation?

Thanks again.

marcusmaximus
03-09-12, 20:01
Have you tried any herbal remedies ? If you can get yourself zoned out on music then try and do it without music. Actually today has been a small rise for me hopefully its the meds kicking in, but today i've felt alot less afraid and the thoughts aren't as on going.

ChrisScotland
04-09-12, 00:15
I tried some sort of herbal thing from America about 4 years ago but it didn't do a thing for me.Music makes me feel good at times, but it's no cure :)>

Cool. Glad to hear you're doing good today.I'm pretty much the same, as soon as I took my progabalin my mind-set completely changed.Obviously still got my nerves and things, but it makes you care less about things.

MARK1971
04-09-12, 02:05
hiya sorry to hear you having a bad time of it lately.l i have been at war with anixety/panic for panic for past 15 years. dont give up on the social situations nomatter how tough as they will give amuch needed break from the daily battle of our minds. i went out last sunday and although i had usual electric bolts of arenaline going round my body i ended up having a super trooper of a night....

hope this helps

ps apologies for poor spelling/grammer using works computer.

ChrisScotland
04-09-12, 02:42
Thanks Mark.I know exactly what you mean.I can go out and have a great time with my anxiety at times.It's kinda hellish when you're alone though - It's all about the mind ticking over when you've nothing to do, or aren't in the mood for anything.

Thanks for the reply.All the best mate.

johnielov
04-09-12, 07:11
I know it takes time, but boy am I in hell at the minute.

^I know how it feels like. It was our ITE night last friday night in our school and it's compulsory to join in that event so I did. Am feelin' like I don't want to talk to anyone, I hate people when they laugh seems like it was me that they're trippin'. I want to get out of that place but I feel like my knees are so heavy. I just sat there the whole time until the program ends. :unsure: