PDA

View Full Version : Heart Fears

ashero40
03-09-12, 22:19
Hello everyone im a man of 40 overweight by a few stone i have had anxiety since 2003 when i had a accident and lost part use of my left hand, everything has been going ok till about 3 weeks ago the previous month to that i had bought myself a bike and had been riding for about a month when i decided i would ride to my mothers 8 miles a way well the day before i did i felt a bit unwell so i went to gp they did my obs and my bp was 142/95 so they said come back next day to have bp done again which when they did it it was 145/92 so they sugested a 24 BP monitor since then i have been worrying about my heart so in the last 3 weeks i have had 7 ecg's at the A&E and 3 blood tests all come back negative so should i be doubting the results ( which i am and i am getting really down and ashamed of going to doctors so much) they say its anxiety the tight chest ,aching arms , pins and needles insomnia from worrying and general anger and frustration that i cant get the thoughts out of my head my own GP is not concerned with my heart and neither is the nurse at my surgery they are concerned with my mental health and does sleep have any inpact on anxiety please any advice

ashero40
04-09-12, 03:29
Lots of people reading post but no comments or sugestions plz help im so worried

House fan
04-09-12, 09:49
Nothing wrong with your heart mate, nothing at all!

An ECG would have picked up any abnormalities and the fact that your bloods are good too suggests that your heart is in great condition! The fact that you have had 7 ECG's also tells me that you now have a fixation over your heart, and this is why you are experiencing so many unpleasant symptoms, and every single symptom you mention is adrenaline related as opposed to true 'heart' pain.

Your blood pressure is a bit high, but the fact that your GP hasn't given you Propranolol (which would bring it into the normal range as well as calming the effects of an anxious heart) also tells me that they are not concerned AT ALL about your BP.

I hope this helps a bit.