PDA

View Full Version : new sufferer

ptfc12
03-09-12, 22:34
hi, im a 17 year old, who is just recently suffering from anxiety, i am prone to worrying a lot and jumping to the worst case scenario, when i first encountered anxiety i didnt know what it was, i almost managed to convince myself i has schizophrenia. until i talked to be mum who used to suffer from anxiety and depression, i went to the doctors and he was speaking lots of sense just saying i need a routine, better lifestyle etc, and then he asked me if i thought about self harming etc, i hadnt until then and the following few days the thought of cutting my wrists was constantly in my mind, because i had a fear of it, and i was thinking i was suicidal and going insane, which scared me, about a week a go i was feeling much much better, until i went round to me friends house and watched "the exorcist", then, i thought i was possessed...typical. so i looked demonic possession/oppression online, looked at one sympton similar to anxiety, then managed to convince myself i was possessed, that got me wound up and was a constant on my mind, i always have a pain-like feeling at the back of my head on the right since being diagnosed. can anyone relate? i dont know if im just going to find a new fear and if this feeling is just going to reoccur and truth is im scared for my mental health, thanks for reading

Veronica H
03-09-12, 22:44
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Vx

dabrucru
04-09-12, 08:10
hi , i ve been an anxiety sufferer for 3 years now, first of all welcome, you ll find great help here. as for scary movies i suggest you stop watchibg them, i don t watch them anymore, use to a lot but now, i can t stand them, as for headaches , could it be tension? i get it a lot, when i m anxious.