PDA

View Full Version : Hi - Newbie here, I hope this is a step in the right direction :)

wendy35107
04-09-12, 10:29
I posted this in another thread too - Sorry I didn't see the introduce yourself section :blush:

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so a big :hugs: to everyone.

I've been suffering with anxiety for about a year now, I am an only child and I live in a different country to my parents now and this time last year I found out my mum had cancer, that was my trigger.

I'm on 10mg of citrilopram a day and I really do think they are helping me out with regards to the actual attacks, but I am constantly on edge.

I spend so much time every single day worrying about how I feel, that I make myself feel worse, I have an app on my iphone that can test your heart rate and I've become utterly obsessed with it, if my heart rate is what I deem too slow or too fast, the anxiety just takes over.

I worry about how I'm breathing, what I'm eating, what I'm doing every day - My worst time is by far bed time, when I'm lying with nothing but silence and my own thoughts, my brain goes into overdrive.

I've recently been feeling "fuzzy" headed and a little tight chested most days, but again it comes and goes, the more I think about it, the more it's obvious, I try not to think about it, but you know what it's like, a foreign pain or feeling of any kind (even trapped wind for me!!) sends me into a downward spiral.

I just wanted some reasuurance I guess that it can and will get better.

Take care all xxx

nomorepanic
04-09-12, 10:39
Hi wendy35107

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

poppy63
04-09-12, 20:29
hi
i know how you feel i get the same and you are right the more you think about whats happening to you the worse it gets. you are getting all the classic signs of anxiety .please try not to worry so much ,i know its easier said than done :)