PDA

View Full Version : Need help with stomach please help me

lelespears
04-09-12, 14:25
Last year I had a colonscopy & endoscopy both were normal although I had gastritus. The last two wks ive felt worse my stomach aches like its packed with trapped wind or something it's so achy like I've eaten bad food but I haven't. Once I've eaten I feel sick to the stomach. But it's the dull aching guts that scare me. What could this be? I just feel petrified it's stomach or bowel cancer!!

Lx

Annie0904
04-09-12, 14:29
It could just be anxiety or ibs. That is what it sounds like to me but if you are really worried, speak to your gp just for reassurance.

lelespears
06-09-12, 13:25
Anyone please help!!!

I can't go on

bernie1977
06-09-12, 13:30
It could be another flare up of gastritis. Where you put on any medication after your endoscopy?

I really think you should see your GP for piece of mind

lelespears
06-09-12, 14:30
I have repeatedly

nomorepanic
06-09-12, 14:34
Could be IBS

lelespears
12-03-14, 11:30
This is occurring again!

Button1
12-03-14, 11:37
I have ridiculous bowel cancer anxiety so would never downplay your fears but a normal colonoscopy is a guarantee that you DON'T have bowel cancer. It takes years for anything in your bowel to develop into cancer and if they picked nothing up then you can feel 100% reassured that bowel cancer is not a risk for you. I think they are good for up to 10 years?

I'd see your GP but please be reassured that it won't be anything horrendous, you've had the gold standard of tests x

mermaid
12-03-14, 11:41
I suffer with gastritis and IBS both of which get worse when anxiety bad or stressed.

I take omeprazole which reduces acid in the stomach, gaviscon which I buy over the counter. There are also lots of over the counter drugs that can help with IBS symptoms.

Do you take anything for your symptoms?

Mermaid

lelespears
12-03-14, 19:31
It's just getting me so worried! It just aches like I need diahorrea but it never comes..

nomorepanic
12-03-14, 20:27
Have you seen the doctor?

clover1201
12-03-14, 22:45
It takes up to 10 years for bowel cancer to grow so if you had a colonoscopy just last year you can wait a few more years before you let this one get the better of you.

Try and relax, I'm positive its only something minor.

lelespears
13-03-14, 05:56
This is an old post I restarted at it has come back! My dr years ago just kept saying ibs.. But why has it come back? Just feels like my guts aren't right... And I duno if its anything to do with it but my lower back is agony and sometimes kidney area.. Dreading all sorts now.

kirstynic
13-03-14, 06:41
Hi

I can get how worried you are feeling I am having tummy discomfort and it is every day all my symptoms fit pancreas cancer and it has me back in that dark place of anxiety again.

I am going to the doctors today but it is only a locum I am seeing, I am awake with that horrible sick feeling and tummy is not happy.

You should take comfort in that you had clear results , my husband has colitis and is at increased risk for bowel cancer they don't give him a colonoscopy every year instead normally 3-5 years so anything developing for you in that small amount amount of time since yours is so unlikely.

I have had no investigations in my tummy area since early 2012 so that is not something that I can use as reassurance

lelespears
13-03-14, 07:26
Thanks.. My colonoscopy was done in 2011. So I'm so concerned! I have lots of wind too!!

kirstynic
13-03-14, 08:23
Could it be ibs?My husband had his colonoscopy in 2009 I think like I said he is at higher risk and still hasn't had another one it must be due this year.

MissSunshine
13-03-14, 15:04
Have you been tested for h plyori? It is very comon x

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I had h plyori!

lelespears
13-03-14, 16:30
It's bowel pain in my bowels not actual stomach..