PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/panic newbie

Lissa101
04-09-12, 19:07
Hi everyone,

After a horribly stressful couple of years which culminated in my mum having a stroke I've finally lost the plot :). My story started a couple of months ago when I had a massive anxiety/panic attack out of the blue when walking the dog. I felt fine then suddenly my vision went black and I felt as if I was going to pass out. Everything suddenly became very far away and I felt as I was in some wierd dream/nightmare.

Those first few weeks were pure terror and hell. I had all these wierd dissasociative symtoms - depersonalisation and derealization. Every morning when I opened my eyes a huge surge of adrenaline would surge through me and I knew I had another day of fear ahead of me. I didn't know what I was experiencing or why. I felt suicidal on many occasions as it seemed the only way to escape the unbearable feelings I was experiencing.

I have sought as much help as I can, although I'm still on a waiting list for therapy. My GP prescribed prozac, which I really hated so now I'm on sertraline. It's only been 8 weeks but it has felt such a long journey so far and I haven't had much improvement. I'm a disaster area every morning and I'm terrified of being like this forever. However, I'm trying to accept that this will probably take a long time to go away. That's why I joined this forum so i can hopefully support, and in turn get support, from other sufferers.

Thanks for reading
x

nomorepanic
04-09-12, 19:17
Hi Lissa101

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

katyjohnstone
04-09-12, 20:40
it will get easier the meds will lift your mood so you will start getting good days again buts its a long path to clim but you will get there

Lissa101
05-09-12, 21:25
Hi Katy, thanks for your encouragement. I sure hope things start getting better. It's nice to know I'm not alone

Serenitie
05-09-12, 21:58
:welcome: There is lots of support available on here