PDA

View Full Version : My cit story and advice needed please

Rocker
05-09-12, 09:25
Here is what has happened so far on cit.

Anyway i am 37 I have anxiaty for about 20 years well maybe more if I look back to my school days but did not understand it then so it was easy to cope with it was past down to me from my family (thanks for that) as they all have it as well, the reason I am telling you all this Is because maybe someone will understand and help me decided on what to do.

Well I have always just put up with anxiaty for the last 20 years leaning to deal with it as it was part of my life sometimes harder than other times but I did push through every time until last December when it all when down hill worse than I ever had before I think it was down to not working as I was layed off work
So I had a lot of time on my hands we all know what that does to anxiaty not good at all.
So late November last year I got some kind of Throat Problem so one thing led to another and I thought everything was wrong with me just for a throat problem how stupid, anyway my anxiaty was building quickly over a few weeks I was still getting on with it as I always did as it does go every time but it just got worse till after a few weeks I woke up one day and started having panic attack one after another I never had that before I thought I was going mad we have all been there on here at one point or another so I spoke to my older brother which takes cit for his anxiaty he told me I need to get help now as I was at rock bottom I have seen people over the years with no help really so cit seem to be the only option now as I felt so bad well I started cit 2 days after that mad weekend I had the first tab I took was 20mg withing 1 hours I felt like well I can't explained it I was completely in shock my whole body was in shock I was shaking nearly sick I could not move at all I was so scared and I just did not know what to do this carried on for 3 days in the evening I felt like I was tripping out sorry to say I do know how that feels and it's not nice so it looked like were I was so anxias it just pushed it up even higher than it was I prob was expecting that a little after reading on here well after day 3 I had to cut the cit in half to see if that helped which within the first few hours I noticed a difference anxiaty was still there but know way near as bad so I carried on 10mg for 2 weeks I did have a few good hours and bad ones but that was part of it after 2 weeks I started to feel really crap again so I new I needed to up to 20mg the doctor did know about all this but there no help at all they don't have a clue how it feels anyway I did up and things started to level out after about 6 weeks still no way near better but I could get on with things slowly.
I have to say anyone who starts any meds all need congratulations as this was prob the hardiest thing I have ever done so well done on here to everyone.
I was on 20mg for about another 4 weeks like I said not better but better than I was after 4 weeks things started going down hill again so yes I needed to up again gr8
Well this time I only upped to 25mg because of the side affects I seem to get i got every side affect on the leaflet that's reminds me don't read the leaflet that's a bad idea lol
Anyway 25mg did work a bit on and off but it was def a difrrent feeling after another few weeks that I did not like at all my moods were all over the place I have never really had bad depression I don't think only anxiaty based which is just fed up with it but 25mg would change my moods within hours good bad good so you know what I mean don't get me wrong dueing all this time I did have really good feelings like I could take on the world and everything was so nice around me its not all bad at all.
Here we go again time to up to 30mg after 3 weeks as the mood swings were to strange to handle so I upped to 30mg the doctor new again he did not know about the 25mg as like I said he has not got a clue at all lol
30mg worked really well within a few days I thought this was it I'm normal again well I have never been normal lol
So this carried on for about 2 months I still felt a bit anxias now and then but nothing that bothered me the only thing I can say about cit is I seem to always need to make myself busy I can't just sit around and relax well not till the evening anyway maybe this is normal for people to feel this way as I have always had anxiaty since I was young I did not know any difference.
After a few more months I was still feeling really good but was getting very sleepy during the day so I was thinking that this is because I am feeling a bit better and 30mg was a bit to strong maybe I need to come down a bit to get more energy again also on 30mg I was having bad night sweats in bed wakeing up soaked which I really did not like but if I felt better through the day I will put up with it.
I have since come down to 20mg slowly only oing down 5mg at a time so at the moment I am on 20mg which I have been on for about 2 1/2 months now no night sweats anymore which is good and feeling as good as I prob can.
The last few weeks it seems to be changing again anxiaty has def seemed to up a bit now and then and the sleepiness did come back ow and then so I not feeling the best but this is just part of it maybe last night was quite strange I felt a bit strange again I have not had that in the evening since the early days a bit trippy feeling so maybe the dose has become to strong again and will try 15mg for a few days to see what happens I took 15mg about 3 hours ago now I feel ok which I won't really know as its to early to say.
Everyone is prob thinking I'm not giving each dose long enough to settle I would prob agree a little but when your on these you can def tell quickly when the dose changes it may take a while to settle but you can feel the difference.

If you did read this it is not a all a negative story far from it as the mess I was in at the biggining and were I am now is so much better so don't think tablets are bad there not it saved me from the hell I was in and it was hell like most of you on here have all been there.

Please could anyone give me adive if staying on 15mg is a good idea or should I have maybe upped again I'm not sure myself.

Thanks roker

katyjohnstone
05-09-12, 09:38
none of us are medical trained so we cant comment on how long or what dose should you be on only your doctor can tell you that but i am on meds and they take a time to build up in your system that the downside of meds. but once they do they will lift your mood you will get good and bad days this is hpw the illness goes but you find you will get more good then bad days and it will keep going like that hang in there it will get better with help from the meds and your inner strenght take care

Rocker
05-09-12, 09:58
Should I try the 15mg for a few weeks and see what happens it not so bad moving up and don when your already on them I know I need to give it some time.

I just think sometimes when your feeling a bit better the cit can be a bit strong what do you think