PDA

View Full Version : very weird symptom overnight - please read/offer input?

swgrl09
05-09-12, 11:26
Last night while I was sleeping, I woke up and felt like my hands were on fire. They were NOT sweaty though which was really weird. It just felt like heat was pouring out of them almost like if I had a fever, but the rest of my body was normal. Just my hands! It's gone now.

I took a 2 mg diazepam before bed and my 10 mg escitalopram ... could it be a side effect of either of those? I can't find any info in my packet that came with the med. I am on day 10 I think of taking escitalopram.

Any thoughts? A bit freaked out!!

Pipkin
05-09-12, 12:26
Moved to the symptoms forum for you.

Pip

swgrl09
05-09-12, 13:22
thank you! they are still quite warm if anybody has experienced this ... don't know if it's from my meds or not. I usually have cold hands!!

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

anybody? really nervous about this ... they are red and hot ... just put some cold water on them which helped a bit temporarilly.

uk23
05-09-12, 13:33
thank you! they are still quite warm if anybody has experienced this ... don't know if it's from my meds or not. I usually have cold hands!!

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

anybody? really nervous about this ... they are red and hot ... just put some cold water on them which helped a bit temporarilly.

Do they look odd or different in any way? Is there any abnormal redness? I have this from time to time but I do have psoriasis

swgrl09
05-09-12, 13:49
they are blotchy red like they usually would be if i was working out or in the heat or something. A little tingly too.

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Just on the palms.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

also thank you for responding, i appreciate it

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

it's a little less now, seems to come and go ... stress making it worse (guess i shouldn't be surprised about that)

Dizzydoll
05-09-12, 20:05
Ive once woke up n felt like my whole body was on fire it was really scary

PanchoGoz
05-09-12, 21:19
I get this often. It's just simply one of those things that happen.

Serenitie
05-09-12, 21:45
Hi! New side effects are nothing to be afraid of. I occasionally get a very fiery sensation accompanied by itching a redness on my arms. You can take away the heat by bathing the effected area in cool water or by applying natural yoghurt or calamine lotion as you would to cool sunburn.

Wishing every success in your continued progress :hugs:

Anxious_gal
05-09-12, 23:05
A few times when anxious, I would get one hot sweety red hand and one cold blueish hand.
Make you woke up after a bad dream?
I don't know, I find if I dream I wake up warm and covered in sweat .