PDA

View Full Version : Doctors - Totally Freaking Out!!!

littleOwl
05-09-12, 11:32
Hi Guys,
I've listened to your advice on my previous posts and actually booked a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning to get this sorted. But I am absolutely crapping myself today I cannot shake the feeling, I've woke up and I am so nervous! I don't even know what I'm going to say to them. I really hope I pluck up the courage and go through with this and not chicken out like every other time! I hope this doesn't last all day till tomorrow because I cannot stand it.
Thanks xxx

littlelu
05-09-12, 11:53
Hi littleowl
i was excatly the same with my first doctors appointment, id put it off for so long coz i didnt think they would understand. my appointment was after work and that day was awful, i couldnt eat or think about anything other than going over what i wanted to say and when i got in the doctors room i was shaking so bad from nerves and just burst into tears! but the doctor was lovely, she didnt rush me and asked me lots of questions and put me on medication and a waiting list for cbt. So i cant really recommend ways to keep calm because i didnt! but it is worth going, it felt such a relief when id finally been. Hope you manage to get through today and make it to the doctors :) x

littleOwl
05-09-12, 12:25
Hi littleowl
i was excatly the same with my first doctors appointment, id put it off for so long coz i didnt think they would understand. my appointment was after work and that day was awful, i couldnt eat or think about anything other than going over what i wanted to say and when i got in the doctors room i was shaking so bad from nerves and just burst into tears! but the doctor was lovely, she didnt rush me and asked me lots of questions and put me on medication and a waiting list for cbt. So i cant really recommend ways to keep calm because i didnt! but it is worth going, it felt such a relief when id finally been. Hope you manage to get through today and make it to the doctors :) x

Thanks littlelu, I hope I make it too, it's just my doctor's everytime I go they make you feel so uncomfortable and I think I have a new doctor because I haven't seen her their before but I really hope she will know and understand about it because I don't think I will ever go their again otherwise.

flossie
05-09-12, 14:28
Write down a few notes about the things you want to mention when you are there. We all forget what we want to say, especially when nervous.
Don't worry about meeting the new GP, she will have heard it all before and be used to making anxious patients feel at ease.
Easy for me to say I know but try not to worry. You will feel so much better for going and sharing it all with the doc.

littleOwl
05-09-12, 16:00
Thanks flossie, that's a good idea. I will write notes right now. Thank you xxxxx