PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Mabel1981
05-09-12, 11:35
Hi,

I am a mental health nurse currently off work after having panic attacks. They got so bad on Saturday I had to see the out of hours GP for diazepam. Currently awaiting contact from the therapy service provided in my GP service. Feeling better but my partner is struggling to accept how this is a serious health issues and not something that I could 'pull myself out of'. I now feel these attacks by be a symptom of PTSD from some tragic events that happened at work before I went on maternity leave, attacks started shortly before I went back to work. Would love to hear from anyone who's in a similar situation. X x

nomorepanic
05-09-12, 11:45
Hi Mabel1981

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

merlotsmum
05-09-12, 13:59
Just a hello and welcome, I hope you get sorted with your treatment.

I am 3 weeks into Sertaline after a breakdown - dperession & anxiety, it has been coming for a while :( Please feel free to chat or vent on here.

Best wishes
MM x

Tia Maria
05-09-12, 14:12
Hi Mabel
Sorry to hear about your recent problems - I know the feeling. I am happy for you to PM me any time; I do work full-time but am always available in evenings and at weekends and often visit the site.

nicola1980
05-09-12, 14:29
Hi and :welcome: you'll get lots of help and support here xx