PDA

View Full Version : My little story

jinny
29-07-06, 10:09
Hi, im 38 years old and recovering from anxiety. It all started years ago i think i just didnt realise it at the time. 6 months ago i had this massive "episode". Woke up feeling sick and went downstairs. Retching/shaking/heart racing my hubby thought i had gone mad and lost my mind, so did i. Eventually he calmed me down and we went back to bed with me still shaking. Went to work the next day and came home straightaway. Off for 5 weeks. My story is much more detailed like everyone elses this is just a short history.

Still anxious most of the time ans still recovering, i take each day as it comes. My Reiki healer found a story in the local paper recommending this site and that how i found you.

Jinny

jhughes

scoobygirl2005
29-07-06, 10:20
Hi.

Sorry to hear about all that, things will get better don't give up. Welcome to the forum.

Scooby2005
x x

Louise
29-07-06, 11:46
Hi Jinny, you aren't on your own here, I am 40 and have had anxiety for most of my life, I have ups and downs - I'm on a downer at the moment but I know I'll go up again, I always do! There is loads of good advice to be found here and so you're in good hands.

Get some good advice and things will improve. Try and keep a sense of humour, it's what's kept me going all these years, and try and enjoy the simple things in life.

It's all part of the journey!..

trac67
29-07-06, 11:47
Hi Jinny,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
29-07-06, 12:51
Hi Jinny

Welcome aboard. Hope we can be of some help to you.

Do you know what the paper was and what the story was about - I am always interested to know how people found the site. Thanks.

Nicola

polly daydream
29-07-06, 13:35
Hi Jinny and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

manmoor
29-07-06, 14:39
Hi Jinny,

A big warm welcome to you and I'm glad you found this site.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

Twila
29-07-06, 15:49
Hi Jinny, Glad you found this forum. It will help you alot and there are so many wonderful caring people that are willing to help you. I have had panic attacks on and off for 15 years. Sometimes I am fine and can cope with my anxiety and other times it is so bad I feel like I am losing my mind. So i understand how you feel. It really sucks to feel like this and even the thought of having PAs can make us feel anxious. We just have to take one day at a time. Hope you will feel better soon.

Twila:)

Will Loynes
29-07-06, 15:58
Hi Jinny,
Welcome to NMP, Im sure you will find loads of freinds in here. Your story is a familiar one to us all, I hope you will find lots of comfort here!!

Will :)

clickaway
29-07-06, 19:13
Welcome aboard, Jinny.

I like the word 'recovery' and it sounds very positive.

But keep a check on your progress, and come here for help, advice and understanding.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

welshgirl
29-07-06, 20:09
Hi Jinny and welcome, im new here myself and know exactly what you are going through. Ive suffered on my own for years glad I found this site its full of useful info. Keep your chin up hun. x

jinny
29-07-06, 22:01
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Jinny and welcome, im new here myself and know exactly what you are going through. Ive suffered on my own for years glad I found this site its full of useful info. Keep your chin up hun. x

<div align="right">Originally posted by welshgirl - 29 July 2006 : 21:09:09</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thank you will hopefully know how to use the website properly soon x

jhughes

jinny
29-07-06, 22:05
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Jinny

Welcome aboard. Hope we can be of some help to you.

Do you know what the paper was and what the story was about - I am always interested to know how people found the site. Thanks.

Was Coventry Evening Telegraph and was a very good story. I have only just plucked up the courage to use the site.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 29 July 2006 : 13:51:55</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

jhughes

nomorepanic
30-07-06, 16:57
Jinny

Thanks for letting me know.

Nicola

Sue K with 5
30-07-06, 21:54
Hi Jinny

welcome to NMP!! Do you have any idea how it started and what might have started it off for you

Glad you found this site keep posting

sue with 5

scknight