PDA

View Full Version : how can anxuety cause all of these symptoms?

stressedmamof3
05-09-12, 20:43
right, iv had health anxiety since my 1st child was born 10 year ago and dealt with it, it got worse in last 5 year and even worse last 2 year. my last episode was jan this year, after that i decided enough was enough and through determination i got over it by myself, no meds,no docs just me :yesyes:
untill july 21st this year, i had just got out the bath and was talking to my husband and i felt weird- like it wasnt me talking, almost as though i was watching a conversation between my husband and another person.
i remember saying to him 'oh god i feel weird' and things escalated from there :weep: i was on the bus next day and i could feel something inside the left side of my head-not a headache, more of a pressure, so instantly got my phone out and googled and came up with brain cancer :wacko:
i think this 'planted the seed' and since then things have got worse.
i have had pressure in head,temple,left eye,twitching of left eye, knee twitches,earache,shooting pains in earlobe and head, tingling in left arm, leg and head,inside of head feeling dizzy,jaw pain, yet i have never had a headache :wacko:
this lasted 2 weeks then went for nearly 2 weeks and now its back its been 14 day today.
i went to opticians -all was fine.
been to docs twice, 1st doc was only a temp doc he basically said you have a history of health anxiety and prescribed me paroxetine, which i didnt bother with, 2nd time i went to docs i seen my own gp and she said it was stress and sounded muscular, im back there on fri.

im hoping it is just anxiety, but can anxiety REALLY cause all of this? and how come it started when i wasnt anxious or do you think i could have made the 1st day progress into something worse by worrying? im possibly thinking brain tumour or ms........

Dizzydoll
05-09-12, 21:20
Hi there i also have alot of the same symptoms as you...tingling numbness pins n needles n strange head sensations n dizzyness im also convinced its ms or something terrible i just constantly feel strange n mine also just came out the blue when i wasnt anxious...but my gp still says its anxiety so im gurssing it can cause all this :-(

stressedmamof3
05-09-12, 21:25
i just cant see how it all started at a time i wasnt even anxious either hun..... VERY strange...

Dizzydoll
05-09-12, 21:40
I know mine always seems to happen wen everything is fine n then the symptoms make me anxious x

stressedmamof3
05-09-12, 22:12
im beginning to think it is something more serious as iv never experienced any of this before :(

stressedmamof3
06-09-12, 14:18
today i have a lot of pulling feeling in left temple :wacko: