PDA

View Full Version : I did it :)

Littlehelper123
05-09-12, 23:16
Did my first day at college today - didn't have to leave the classroom from anxiety, stayed the whole day!

Only thing that as upset me a bit is the fact that iut ofmthe 17 classmates, 8 are little chavvy loud mouths that were sniggering and being gobby the whole time so hopefully they'll get kicked out before the term starts -_- hate people that re like tht, it really knocks my confidence!!

Hope everyone else is all okay :) xx

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Sorry for bad spelling i am on my ipad

CameronG
06-09-12, 00:22
Well done :-)

Anxious_gal
06-09-12, 00:31
With loud people make sure they know you aren't afraid to talk back.
Sometimes it's more of a cultural thing, it's just the way they talk and interact with each other, often it's not personal.
They'll give you a bit more respect if you can show you are not intimidated by them.
Sometimes, joking often helps break the ice with people.

well done for going, you're right often you can tell which people will drop out.

ChrisScotland
06-09-12, 11:19
Well done.Congratulations.

Yeah, Anxiousgal is right, try not to let them pick on you in any way.I wouldn't get angry and start back at them because that can increase your anxiety.A witty comment here or there back at them should sort them out if they are cheeky.

neowallace
06-09-12, 13:22
Well done for facing your anxiety head on it takes a lot of courage. :yesyes:

Steven..

nicola1980
06-09-12, 15:31
Yay well done :yahoo: xx

diane07
06-09-12, 15:39
Fantastic news...........I just knew you could do it.

Well done you :yahoo:

gem7
06-09-12, 15:59
well done thats great i hate people like that too it can knock your confidence i completely understand hun hold ya head up high and just ignore people like that keep going ya doing well :)

marcusmaximus
06-09-12, 18:27
Nice one yea the yobs won't last long they never do. But don't let them worry you

london
06-09-12, 18:34
well done
god bless

Magic
06-09-12, 18:42
Well Done:hugs:Littlehelperx

Sparkle1984
06-09-12, 19:39
Well done; I hope you enjoy your course. I can't stand loud-mouths either. When I was at college, I used to just ignore people like that and I used to sit near the students who I thought would be quieter and sensible.

tiredOfOcd
06-09-12, 19:53
Good for you kid!

Ignore the loudmouths. They're doing that for their own entertainment and it has nothing to do with you.

Let 'em talk trash, you're there to get an education. So get it and they'll end up working for you someday!