PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and frightened !!!!

Spike78
06-09-12, 17:08
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while as I was coping ok with my health anxiety. However, since finding out I am pregnant 21 weeks ago the anxiety is back with a vengeance.

I am taking Seroxat 20mg daily (following advice from a pre-pregnancy consultant where she agreed the benefits outweighed the risks) but they don't seem to be making any difference anymore. I wonder whether the pregnancy hormones are battling with the seroxat and the hormones are winning.

Anyway as I constantly google illnesses it appears that pregnant women are more likely to have heart attacks which has frightened me. I worry about my heart all the time and have spent a fortune on tests with a private cardiologist which all came back fine. The biggest worry is spontaneous coronary artery dissection which whilst rare is seen more in fit healthy women and more often in pregnant women.

Is it normal to worry like this during pregnancy????

Any thoughts much appreciated

Thanks Spike

ElizabethJane
06-09-12, 17:23
Hi Spike have you had a chat with your midwife about this? When I was pregnant with my son I remained on dothiepin for most of my pregnancy. My son was fine when he was born .The anxieties that you have about your heart do seem a bit excessive but you might have a perfectly good reason for feeling like this. When I was pregnant I went to aqua aerobics run by the midwives to help me relax. I agree some anxieties can be amplified when pregnant. I went for a scan and the sonographer said she could not find baby'd head -so I thought he hadn't got a head! He was a very long baby. Chat to your partner too if he is around. I also had some hypnosis sessions which helped me relax and this is something that you can do at home. I hope that things improve for you. EJ