PDA

View Full Version : Might ask GP about this...

WolfieKate
06-09-12, 20:00
I have thought about it before and my GP did offer it but last time I messed with my medication it didn't go that well. About 18 months ago I tried moving from Prozac (15 years of it) to Mirtazapine but it didn't work out. :blush: She suggested Pregabalin at the same time but I could only deal with one med at a time.

I got hooked on valium recently after trying to give up my alcohol addiction and I am ten days cold turkey after a year of pretty constant use/abuse? I ended up taking too many, with alcohol the next day and self harmed and had to go to A and e. So I am seeing the substance abuse nurse right now. Resigned from job too. :weep: I have 2 amazing kids they deserve a better Mum than this. Job wasn't worth the pressure.

Soooo... still on 40 mg prozac which I have taken for years. But my anxiety today has been horrendous so I may ask GP re: Pregabalin as one last medication try. Waiting for more counselling too. If GP lets me try pregabalin I will let you know. :winks:

Kate :)

spuder
07-09-12, 11:40
hey hun just wanted to say i think your an amazing mum dont be too hard on your self hun take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WolfieKate
07-09-12, 14:06
Thank you Spuder. Being a Mum is the hardest thing I have ever done because you have responsibility for 2 people. I saw my GP today and she said that I was right to focus on that and forget about work for now. It was clearly too much. My kids have to be my focus. :blush::D