PDA

View Full Version : a new start?

R.Barratt
06-09-12, 20:38
Hello people :)
I have just moved into my new house and I am starting college tomorrow.
I'm still struggling with my anxiety and depression. I am so worried that I won't be able to cope with all the change and in college. I want to do so well. But I can't even trust myself when I'm on my own. I just don't know what to do anymore. To cope on my own no support or love. Completely alone

diane07
06-09-12, 20:52
No............ you're not completely alone and without support, you have us here.

As hard as it can be try not to focus on the things you can't do and more on the things that you have done.

You have moved into a new house which is one of the most stressful things to do and on top of that you are starting college, i would say that makes you a pretty strong person......so well done you.

The thought of doing something is quite often worse than doing the deed, you need to be kind to your thoughts and tell yourself how fantastic you have done so far.

I have every faith that you will get through your day in college and actually enjoy it, don't wait for anx to come or it will for sure, instead just think how fantastic you will feel at the end of your day and what you have achieved.

Be very proud of yourself and well done on the move :hugs:

Lilac58
06-09-12, 21:31
You should be really proud of yourself for what you have achieved. Really.

If you need support, colleges are so geared up for that now, don't be afraid to ask, there is a lot available.

And you aren't on your own, we are all here.

Best wishes, you will do so well.

neowallace
07-09-12, 07:24
Hi there,

You are taking two massive steps that would cause anybody anxiety and doubt. You are stronger than you think and just like the other people have posted try and search out a support network. I know when I was at College just recently they had counsellors who can help help with health issues. I sufferer from anxiety and depression and part of that is not trusting in myself as well. I am getting better and it is work in progress. I wish you all the best for your move and college.

:)Steven

yvonne_uk_98
07-09-12, 10:13
Hi Rebecca,

Well done :yesyes:, moving is very stressful. you did it. stop giving yourself a hard time, you are a strong person, more than you think or give yourself credit for.

Starting College can be worrying, once your there you wonder what was I worrying about, you will enjoy it, you will get through this. I have faith in you too. I know you will enjoy this, you will gain new friends and confidence.

you are not alone you have us here.

love & hugs to ya :hugs::hugs::hugs:

R.Barratt
07-09-12, 20:54
Thank you diane :)
That was so positive and kind of you to say. I will try and stay positive xxx

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Thank you lilac its always nice knowing you are all here to support me as I am for all of you :)

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

thank you steven
Its good to hear how well you're doing :)
I will make sure to ask for councillor help at college when I'm next in and to be open with the tutors so I get as much help as possible. Thanks for the advice xxx

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Thank you so much yvonne :)
I really enjoyed college today. I felt so confident and excited about learning and making new friends.
I just struggle when the depression hits me and I feel I have no one to talk to. But all of these positive comments have really helped me so thank you everyone :)

neowallace
08-09-12, 02:25
Hi there,

Hope all is going well for you and best wishes for your new home and college...:)

Steven

R.Barratt
08-09-12, 10:03
thank you steven. Yes college was ggreat and I'm looking forward to learning more. And my home is getting there but it is beautiful. Xxx