PDA

View Full Version : I feel like im going to be paralysed. Help please.

hannah26
06-09-12, 23:52
Hello,

Ok so I have recently been having a horrible symptom, my arms and legs feel numb and week and I have got it in to my head that I am going paralysed or have locked in syndrome. I just dont know what to do, I cant get it out of my head and its scaring me. Im in bed and Im tired but I cant relax and sleep. I keep feeling real or what I think it real feelings of paralysis in my hands and I feel like I blackout a little. Im just not sure if its real or not and its scaring me. My head feels weird to, like empty and odd, Sorry I know that sounds really strange but I dont know how to explain it. I feel stiff and tense, Like if I stop moving then I will stop being able to move forever.
I can normally control my anxiety and panic attacks quite well but these feeling just wont go away. The come and go like waves even when I try not to think about them and am doing something else. I am not asking for medical advice but any advicewould be very helpful right now, Im not having a panic attack at the moment but I feel one coming and I dont want it.
Does this sound familier to anyone? Can anyone give me any tips to stop thinking like this. Any advice of feedback at all.
Thanks
Hannah x x :)