PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless Nights

FamilySecret
07-09-12, 04:07
Hi to all,
I am a sufferer of depression and anxiety and over the past 5 years have been on a very positive and successful road to recovery. However my sleep pattern always seems to be a permanent reminder of a period in my life where the world felt like it was crumbling around me. Often i can control these bouts of insomnia by keeping busy and wearing myself out, however things can rattle around in my brain a lot and when I find myself in an usual situation that causes stress or pressure (As i am now!) i find it much harder to control these episodes.
Anyway, i discovered this site completely by accident and am hoping that by air and vocalising some of my inner worries i will be able to have a good night sleep soon!
Everything always looks better after a good's night sleep.

xBettyBoopx
07-09-12, 04:19
Welcome familysecret to No More Panic :welcome:

A lot of anxiety and depression sufferers have sleepless nights, oddly enuff I never Have had I think because of the strong meds I take at night. Do you take any medication to help you?

I guess by the name you have called yourself, you must have a horrific story to tell and I wonder......do you see a therapsit of any kind to try and unburden yourself?

Nights are the worst, aren't they? The darkness creeps in and can make you feel vunurable and oh so alone. On the times when I haven't been able to sleep, I have played all the wonderful games on this site to make me really tired, when I feel my eyelids getting heavy, I run to bed lol.

Then the day is here and everything seems a bit better, but then day turns to night again and the cycle continues. I have a little MP3 player and I download from the internet some nice music or funny stories, I soon find myself falling asleep.

But I think your situation is different from mine and I hope that you are seeing a therapist, if you're not then please see your doc. Some medication would help I think also for a short period of time (I'm not a doc or a nurse :blush:).

There is lots of support and helpful people on this site and I hope you find what you are looking for :yesyes:

Love
Betty
xxx

nomorepanic
07-09-12, 04:23
Hi FamilySecret

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

huda33
09-09-12, 15:54
Hello FamilySecret...

Happy to meet you

CliveL
09-09-12, 16:16
I use herbal nytol, from the supermarket, works for me most of the time