PDA

View Full Version : Alergy testing anyone?

Anxious_gal
07-09-12, 05:59
I'm thinking of having an alergy test to see if I'm senestive to any foods and if avoiding such foods might help my anxiety symptoms.

I figure there's no harm in trying it out.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this :)

I eat a lot of bread,pasta,rice type foods so I hope I'm not sensitive to those!
Ice cream and yogurts can make my tummy very sick but not every time.

Pipkin
07-09-12, 07:35
Moved to medical tests forum for you.

Pip

nomorepanic
07-09-12, 11:06
Most of the tests are a waste of money it has been proven so which one are you having?

swgrl09
07-09-12, 13:12
i had the skin test ... i was having constant congestion. turned out I am allergic to my cat, to dust, mold, etc. as well as some trees, weeds, and two types of nuts i didn't know about. I am not getting rid of my cat so I am just gonna take allergy meds.

The skin test was really easy, didn't hurt.

ElizabethJane
07-09-12, 18:50
hi I'm not sure whether you will get the allergy testing done on the NHS unless your symptoms are severe. I have had allergy tests on my skin as I had large splits on my fingers that would not heal. I am allergic to nickel, parfum, and sodium dichromate. The parfum is the most important one to avoid as it is in most toiletries and household cleaners. I was given a nickel free diet but I don't follow it as my symptoms are less severe. The sodium dichromate is part of the tanning process but is does not stop me wearing leather shoes. My hands healed eventually with creams and wearing of cotton and vinyl gloves. The parfum was found in the nappy wipes I was using for my son at the time. So I am probably in favour of testing if the problem is severe enough and the testing is legitimate. I also saw a dietician privately when my IBS was severe and she gave me a diet sheet basically an elimination diet eliminating which food causes the problem and see if the symptoms are less without it. Good luck. EJ

Anxious_gal
07-09-12, 19:56
Not sure yet which test, just maybe food intolerances?
I find perfum makes me itch but beside that I'm ok I think.

devonte
17-11-12, 13:20
A small amount of a suspected allergen is placed on or below the skin to see if a reaction develops. Any medical test involves some risk. The risk with allergy skin tests is that allergy symptoms might occur during the test.

victorpaul
26-03-13, 12:36
Most of the tests are a waste of money it has been proven so which one are you having?

Agree with you :yesyes: