PDA

View Full Version : body in turmoil!

scpW9
07-09-12, 07:20
I've woken this morning and thankfully my mind is quiet however my body is in full blown panic! How can it be that I've managed to get a relatively rational head back but my body is in turmoil? I've been on fluoxetene for only a week so I'm wondering if its just a side effect? I have also eaten little food for 5 days, it makes me nauseous. I can just about manage a slice of toast! Are these all side effects or should I go back to the doctor ( she said come back in 3 weeks). Any pearls of wisdom out there??? Please help me understand it all! X

nicola1980
07-09-12, 08:53
Hi it sounds like classic side effects which should start to get easier over the next week or so, try and stick with it until you see your doc good luck xx

Allison Jayne
07-09-12, 16:29
Hi there, I was exactly the same when I first started flux, I've been on them for 13 weeks so still relatively new to them but it does get easier. I didn't eat at all for the first week as even the thought of food knocked me for six. I finally started to just nibble on a biscuit whilst sitting up in bed, try something like arrowroot or a ginger nut. It is a hard road to walk but in all honesty it is worth sticking with the meds as they do help. You will get there and you will be well very soon. Good luck on your journey xxx