PDA

View Full Version : Scared of cancer

glowworm
07-09-12, 09:08
Hello - I've been having upper abdominal pains over the last few months, plus have lost some weight. I'm terrified I have cancer! I have seen the doctor and am having a gastroscopy next week, but I keep thinking that might not show anything if I have a tumour outside one of my organs.

I've made the mistake in the past of looking up symptoms and am trying to ban myself from going back to Dr Google! Does anyone know if general cancer symptoms like pain, weight loss and low energy can come and go and get better and worse, or would it be a general downward progression if it's cancer? I haven't been feeling quite so bad over the last couple of weeks, so I'm trying to grasp at anything that might point away from my dreaded worst case scenario. But it's still always in the background of my mind and I feel like I won't be able to get on with my life until I know what's going on!

Thanks for listening!

abby38
07-09-12, 12:47
Hi, my biggest fear is cancer and I've convinced myself I've had it many times. I also lost weight but I've put it down to anxiety and worrying. You have said yourself you haven't felt as bad last cpl of weeks so I really doubt its anything to worry about. If it was what you're thinking the symptoms would be getting much worse, not better after months and I doubt they would come and go x

spacebunnyx
07-09-12, 14:03
pain, weightloss and tiredness are all signs of anxiety/depression. I think that generally speaking you feel worse over time and symptoms don't really come and go. Stomach C mostly forms inside the stomach so would be seen. Trust your dr and results.

xxx