PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I went to the Doctors!

littleOwl
07-09-12, 10:32
Hey Guys, I thought I would give you all an update on how my doctor's appointment went. So I went there and was panicking like mad, i think I bit off 3 of my nails I was soo nervous, I couldn't sleep all the night before because I was nervous but I still went to the Doctors(so proud). Anyway all my previous worries were for nothing - the doctor was amazing, she was so lovely and listened to everything I had to say and she made me feel very relaxed. She put me on meds called sertraline and said i have to go back in 2-3 weeks. All in all, a pretty good day for me after because I felt so good actually achieving something :D. xx

paranoidtree
07-09-12, 10:37
Well done! You did so well to go :D

I hope you continue to have a good day (and weekend too!)

eternally optimistic
07-09-12, 10:41
Well done - glad you made your appointment.

Great to get a good reception from the Doctor too.

A follow up appointment too - hopefully that will be a even more successful appointment where you can say you feel better.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jackie

spuder
07-09-12, 11:30
well done good for u hope the meds make u feel better soon take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

london
07-09-12, 12:07
well done
god bless

Sparkle1984
07-09-12, 12:30
Well done! :) I hope you start to feel better soon. :hugs:

littleOwl
07-09-12, 12:37
Thanks everyone for the kind messages xx it really does lift your spirits achieving something thats taken me so long to do xxxx

flossie
07-09-12, 13:02
I am so pleased that you went. Well done. It's great that your GP is so supportive and willing to work with you toward recovery.

Smallie
07-09-12, 13:43
glad it went well for you.

I actually have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and am very nervous about it. I want to tell her about my anxiety/social anxiety and how its having a negative impact on me, prevent me from doing much with my life. I am really hoping she will prescribe me with some medication. I tried CBT, hypnotherapy but that didn't really have much effect. I just hope the doctor won't think my issue is that serious and not do anything about it.

Donny
07-09-12, 13:52
Well Done You

ChrisScotland
07-09-12, 13:52
Well done.I know the feeling.Just remember how much your worry was for nothing the next time you go in two weeks time.

Hope your medication helps you out and that things get better from here on in for you.

littleOwl
07-09-12, 16:56
glad it went well for you.

I actually have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and am very nervous about it. I want to tell her about my anxiety/social anxiety and how its having a negative impact on me, prevent me from doing much with my life. I am really hoping she will prescribe me with some medication. I tried CBT, hypnotherapy but that didn't really have much effect. I just hope the doctor won't think my issue is that serious and not do anything about it.

Thanks everyone, Smallie you'll feel a lot better once you go and I had the exact same thoughts as you, but it turned out fine. I hope your okay and hope your doctors go successful. :D keep your chin up xxxxx

Mr Brownstone
07-09-12, 20:46
Well done :)

Smallie
08-09-12, 12:13
Thanks everyone, Smallie you'll feel a lot better once you go and I had the exact same thoughts as you, but it turned out fine. I hope your okay and hope your doctors go successful. :D keep your chin up xxxxx

Thanks LittleOwl, you were right. Turns out i had nothing to worry about and the doctor prescribed me with fluoxetine and asked me to complete a short questionaire. I had written notes about what i wanted to say to the doctor the night before but there wasn't any need to as i was in and out of the doctor's in about 5 minutes. Just hope the medication works

Keep your chin up too x

Serenitie
08-09-12, 12:43
Good for you!!! Well done! :yahoo:

Jezebel_dusk
09-09-12, 22:01
well done, it's horrible seeing a dr for the first time, the dr I see now is brilliant.