PDA

View Full Version : Can you take two Diaz at once?

Elle-Kay
07-09-12, 11:45
I have a pack of 2mg Diazepam for "as and when" use, and I'm feeling so anxious about my dad being in hospital that I'm wondering if I could take 2 x 2mg at once, rather than 3 spread through the day, and if it would have any benefit. Does anyone have any experience of this, please?

nomorepanic
07-09-12, 11:56
Obviously you are doubling the dose so the effect will be twice what you feel when you take one.

So yes you can do it but be aware that you may feel more drowsy with this increased dose.

Also I wouldn't want to say yes you can do this as I am not a doctor and there may be a reason they said take one 3 times a day

Elle-Kay
07-09-12, 19:19
Thanks. I'll maybe try on a day when I don't have to drive etc. in case it makes me drowsy. I realised after I posted that I know there are people who have 5mg tablets to take several times a day, so theoretically I would think it would be ok, but I appreciate that no-one here is my GP.

spawn
07-09-12, 19:29
Ive got 5mg diaz, and it says to take one 3x a day.. so ur be fine taking 4mg in one go. It will effect you more though like said than a single 2mg.

eternally optimistic
07-09-12, 19:39
should be fine.

i took 5mg to fly and apart from calm me, i didnt get any noticiable issues.

nicola1980
07-09-12, 19:59
I take 5mg when i need too and drive fine on it, doesn't make me drowsy just takes the edge off xx

akadawny
19-09-12, 20:22
I was told by my doctor to take 2 one night after a really bad panick attack, then 3 - 5 a day as needed, but everyone is different. Obviously you will get double the effect which may affect you if you need to drive or use machinary etc. I would call your doctor and ask to be sure x