PDA

View Full Version : Hi Gang Im new and nervous

welshgirl
29-07-06, 18:18
Hi all... Just a few words about me and my problems. Ive been suffering with panic disorder, ocd and all the other horrible things associated with severe anxiety since I was 20. Ive felt so lonely and isolated thinking no one understands. Its not like having a broken arm or leg where you can see the problem. Ive tried all sorts of medication over the years and counselling and I even tried hypnotherapy but to no avail, now ive just started taking citalopram 20mg been on them for nearly 2 months had a few side effects including nausea, weight loss and ive noticed slight bruising but they seem to be working so far. Sorry if ive babbled on a bit. Thanks for listening x :D

carlin
29-07-06, 18:23
Hi there, and welcome to this fab site. Am sorry you are feeling rough, I have no advice on meds. (someone else will advise shortly) in the meantime, have a good look around the site, you will find so many others with similar problems and lots of good advice will come your way, take care and keep in touch. xx

nomorepanic
29-07-06, 18:29
Hi there and welcome aboard - lovely to see you here.

You say you have had counselling - have you tried CBT atall?

Nicola

welshgirl
29-07-06, 18:29
Thank you Carlin for the warm welcome glad to know there are people who really do care and understand.:D xx

welshgirl
29-07-06, 18:33
Thanks for the welcome Ive had group counselling and one to one im on waiting list for counselling now down with my local GP. x

Twila
29-07-06, 18:42
Welshgirl I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. You don't have to feel so isolated now. This forum is the best place to find people who will understand and not judge you and understand the problems you are facing. I am kind of worried about the side effects of your meds, maybe you should see a Dr. and relate what is going on. You just remember that you ARE NOT ALONE!!!! Someone will always be glad to help you. :D:D:D:D
I understand, I too have severe anxiety and felt so alone till I find this Forum.
Twila:D:D:D:D

net
29-07-06, 18:56
hi welshgirl
you'll get lots of support from this site. i've found just knowing i can come into the forums and not be told that my panic attacks are attention seeking has been a great help

[8D]

netty

welshgirl
29-07-06, 18:58
thanks for your reply twila, I believe i will find the help and support i need thank you all. xx

clickaway
29-07-06, 19:06
Just want to welcome you here. We are an understanding crowd, and are here to help you.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Clare_63
29-07-06, 19:07
Hi Welshgirl,

Welcome to NMP. You will find all the support and advice you need as well as make some new friends

Clare

manmoor
29-07-06, 19:24
Hi Welshgirl,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

polly daydream
29-07-06, 19:53
Hi Welshgirl and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,