PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & vision weirdness?

busybee09
08-09-12, 11:56
I dont know how to explain it but i seem to be fine one minute then the next minute i think/feel my eyes on top feel strained and tight and i panic. Does anyone else get weird eye problems, i've read anxiety causes tight muscles and vision probs, but i feel like it effects my head and i panic thinking im feeling dizzy.

Help please!!

chloevictoria
08-09-12, 12:32
I don't really have what you're experiencing, but I have glasses anyway and with anxiety I started feeling really dizzy and my vision went blurred, and I panicked loads. The optician said I had astigmatisms (the front of your eye isn't shaped properly) in both eyes which was causing the blurred vision, and my anxiety was causing dizziness. When I don't think about my vision it's not as bad, when I'm tired or anxious it's there all the time!
By the way, my astigmatisms weren't because of anxiety and they're completely harmless, just turns out that's the way my eyes are haha

Hope this has reassured you a bit :) x

RockShox
08-09-12, 13:26
Yo, I have exactly the same thing!! As soon as I feel anxious or anticipate a stressful situation the eyes start to feel REALLY strained. But the problem is, I don't look like someone with strained eyes, I look like someone who's really pissed off and it really does affect how people treat me at work and it affects how I deal with people - such as avoiding eye contact.

I often feel if I didn't have this symptom or could somehow eliminate it, I wouldn't feel anxious!

merlotsmum
08-09-12, 15:17
I'm the same and was reminded that your eye is also a muscle so will be affected by anxiety situations like all my other muscles. When my anxiety first broke my eyes really gave me hell and thought I was losing vision. That part of my anxiety fsymptoms had disappeared for a few weeks not back again first thing in morning - I was up with very white blurred vision and it scares the hell out of me :(

anj46&2
19-09-12, 22:53
last Christmas my mother had a heart attack, i moved in to look after her... she was put on champix to quit smoking.. well this stuff sent her a bit nuts and she threw me out of the house for clinking dishes too loudly when unloading the dishwasher.. anyway this gave me the worst anxiety attack that i think i have ever had.. i actually lost vision!! this happened repeatedly over a few days.... ended up in the hospital.. they ran many tests and looked at my eyes..
It was Anxiety..
things calmed down and the symptom went away..

i cannot say how many strange ways anxiety might choose to present itself..

have you tried Bach's rescue remedy?? i will not be without it now, and have invested in many of the individual flower tinctures.. this stuff really does help!
there is alot to be said about herbs and anxiety.. def worth a go!

Ronno
26-09-12, 17:09
When my anxeity first showed up in the mid 80s my eyes felt as if I couldn't move them and were sore as well , over the years this passed but I get sparks ,floaters ,bright areas , and worst of all optic migraines. . Most important they only come when I'm stressed or going through a bad patch with my anxeity,, when I'm fine and clear headed I can see the symptoms for what they are . I. Have my eyes checked regular ,no problems and my dr tells me stress and anxiety causes all this. The important thing to remember is the symptoms of anxeity are harmless , and it's good to have a site like this to have others who suffer the same to support you

Anxious_gal
26-09-12, 17:34
I get migraines and have all those scary eye symptoms too.

loopylu86
26-09-12, 19:08
As we speak. I am at my sisters and due to not leaving the house much. I am anxious. I have a headache and the weird eye thing. It's not painful but very strained and makes me feel really distant!